Author and accomplished aviation management professional with over 26 years of experience in Aerospace Operations, Maria’s high performance leadership coaching and training framework focuses on leadership, team-building and effective communication.
MeaningfulLeaders.com – Take your leadership to the next level!
Maria’s LinkedIn – Connect with Maria on LinkedIn!
The Square-Peg Leader Delusion on Amazon – Grab a copy of Maria’s book!
3 Value Bombs
1) Most people perceive success as having a balanced life, freedom, financial stability, and a fulfilling family life.
2) A defined destination, discipline, and good habits will get you where you want to be.
3) Do not be afraid to lead. Lead with a heart for people and integrity. Pour out everything you built inside of you into creating something that adds value to everyone around you.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: How to Stop Managing and Start Leading with Maria Aguirre
[1:34] – Maria shares something she believes about becoming successful that most people disagree with.
- She believes that most people perceive success as having a balanced life, freedom, financial stability, and a fulfilling family life.
[2:29] – How do you build a bulletproof team?
- Management focuses on aspects that make the business successful; leadership focuses solely on people.
- You can build a bulletproof team by establishing a relationship with your team and identifying their needs.
- Work together as a team to improve weaknesses and rise stronger.
- Trust and reliance on your team and the leader are essential.
[4:24] – What was your x-factor, and how did you create it?
- Since she was little, Maria has always had a passion for aviation and made her way through the environment of aerospace operations through innovative compound work.
- She built systems to increase efficiency and continually built her skill set and knowledge base.
- She focuses on assessing risks and opportunities and establishing loyalty with her team.
- Her x-factor was that she never expected that the environment would adapt to her; it is the other way around.
- Foundations of leadership:
- Deep love and commitment to her work and the people
[6:02] – What is the biggest obstacle that prevents leaders from achieving high performance?
- The biggest obstacle preventing leaders from achieving high performance is not reaching clarity and not having the proper habits.
- A defined destination, discipline, and good habits will get you where you want to be.
- Do not lose the fire that fuels you to achieve your goals.
[8:15] – A timeout to thank our sponsors!
- ZipRecruiter: Discover hiring joy with ZipRecruiter! Try ZipRecruiter for free at ZipRecruiter.com/fire. ZipRecruiter. The smartest way to hire.
- HubSpot: Learn how HubSpot can help your business grow better at HubSpot.com.
[11:55] – What are the skills that first-time leaders should focus on developing?
- Commit to a habit.
- Seeking personal development every day is a great way to start.
- Keep in mind that knowledge is not power, but the application of knowledge is power.
- Two skills that a new leader must develop:
- Communication – be able to convey a clear message to connect with others.
- Emotional regulation – be in control of your emotions in challenging situations.
[13:34] – Maria talks about her book The Square-Peg Leader Delusion. What does the title mean, and how can it help Fire Nation?
- The book’s title is based on a square in a circle – or, a leader and a team being geometrical figures that do not necessarily fit together.
- 2 Parts of the book:
- The Leader
- Mindset and upgrades
- The Team
- Ways to maximize effectiveness and productivity.
- The book also includes building, optimizing, and scaling an operation for entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs.
- The Leader
[16:57] – Maria’s key takeaway and call to action.
- Do not be afraid to lead. Lead with heart for people and integrity. Pour out everything you built inside of you into creating something that adds value to everyone around you.
- MeaningfulLeaders.com – Take your leadership to the next level!
- Maria’s LinkedIn – Connect with Maria on LinkedIn!
- The Square-Peg Leader Delusion on Amazon – Grab a copy of Maria’s book!
[19:00] – Thank you to our Sponsor!
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!