Marissa Sackler’s lifelong passion for nonprofits led to the formation of Beespace. She is a founding sponsor and activist for charity: water and serves on the Board of Directors for Invisible Children, Dia Art Foundation and the Mortimer D. Sackler Foundation.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Marissa shares a failure from her non-profit days that she knew was avoidable. It crushed her, but it also led to the creation of Beespace.
Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment
- Marissa’s AH-HA moment came on a phone call when someone asked a question she knew the answer to… ACTION!
- Beespace currently houses 3 nonprofits taking full advantage of the amazing space/counsel/community that Beespace provides. Marissa shares a little snippet of each; Fire Nation, prepare to be inspired!
Small Business Resource
- Asana: Teamwork without email. Asana puts conversations & tasks together, so you can get more done with less effort.
- Harvest: Simple time tracking, fast online invoicing, and powerful reporting software. Simplify employee timesheets and billing. Get started for free.
Best Business Book
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
- Beespace: A nonprofit incubator, helping to identify and launch the next generation of innovative nonprofits.
- eVoice: The business phone system of choice for entrepreneurs. Make more money and grow your business with eVoice. Use offer code FIRE for $5 off every month FOREVER!
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!