Matt Holland is a world leading cyber security authority. As founder, CEO and CTO of Field Effect, his mission is to democratize cyber security for the entire planet.
Field Effect – Get your free Cyber Security Assessment!
3 Value Bombs
1) Working efficiently is great, but if you want to be successful, then hard work is an absolutely necessary component.
2) Caring about your people as your top priority – next to your customer – has to be your continuous mindset.
3) Take cyber security seriously, embrace it – it is not as scary as people think.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: Spies, Start-ups, and Security: the incredible entrepreneurial journey of Matt Holland
[1:05] – Matt shares something that he believes about becoming successful that most people disagree with.
- Working efficiently is great, but if you want to be successful, then hard work is an absolutely necessary component.
[3:09] – You were in the shadows of the intelligence community, cozy and safe… What made you burst onto the stage and become an entrepreneur?
- Matt worked at CSE for 7 good years. When he hit his development peak he started to create his own company.
- He saw a huge opportunity to create a business model that would appeal to the intelligence community
[5:19] – You’ve learned some hard-earned lessons about building a business that every entrepreneur should know. Share those with us now…
- Matt’s journey has not been a typical journey. He has made a lot of mistakes along the way.
- First piece of advice: figure out your ultimate goal.
- Second: be mentally prepared to work a lot.
- Third: caring about your people as your top priority – next to your customer – has to be your continuous mindset.
- Fourth: make delegation a much higher priority.
[8:46] – You believe small businesses need to start prioritizing cyber security NOW… Why?
- There’s a common misunderstanding that small businesses are too small to be targets, but in reality it is the opposite.
- Most small businesses don’t have IT teams, that’s why they become bigger targets.
- Matt shares a story of a business in Australia that had their email system compromised.
[13:48] – The cyber industry has ignored the needs of start-ups and small business owners. Why is this, and what are you doing to fix it?
- Field Effect is a holistic cyber security company. They provide software and ninjas that will operate the system for you.
[14:43] – Let’s break down the best ways for our listeners to stay protected from cyber attacks.
- It’s a multi-steps approach.
- First thing is take cyber security seriously – prioritize it.
- Next thing is to educate yourself.
- And don’t be afraid to ask for help.
[20:00] – Matt’s key take away and call to action.
- Take cyber security seriously, embrace it; it is not as scary as people think.
- Field Effect – Get your free Cyber Security Assessment!
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!