Meredith Viguers equips Entrepreneurs to break through their limiting beliefs and develop the right team to put systems in place that allow them to grow more profitably with less of their own time.
Meredith’s Website – Download your FREE PDF from Meredith: The 5 Mind-Blowing Mistakes That Small Businesses Make While Hiring
3 Value Bombs
1) Let go of the thought that someone else has to do everything the way that you do – it’s a freeing thing. And understand that by building the right team your business can thrive – and often you will find better ways to grow your business.
2) You can be open to growth after you accept the responsibility, and after you are willing to let go of a known good for a potentially great unknown.
3) As an entrepreneur, if you are willing to change your mind, develop your people, and get out of the way, you can have a massively successful business using less of your time.
Thinkific: Join Thinkific’s first ever 5-day Course Challenge and walk away with a complete blueprint for your online course that you’ll be ready to put into action! Sign-up for this FREE challenge today at Thinkific.com/fire!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: How to Grow Your Business by Building Your Dream Team with Meredith Vigeurs
[00:55]– Meredith shares something interesting about herself that most people do not know.
- She is a classically trained dancer.
[2:12] – Change your mind – let go of what you think you know.
- One of the biggest challenges for small business owners is doing all the things by themselves when it’s time to grow.
- It’s simple but not easy to change your mind and let go of what you thought you knew about how to run a business.
- Letting go of the thought that someone else has to do everything the way that you do is a freeing thing. Understand that by building the right team your business can thrive, and often you will find better ways to grow your business.
[4:04] – Changing Your Mind: Identifying Limitations
- Entrepreneurs are generally optimists.
- The downside of being optimistic is most of the time you fail to realize that you have placed limitations on yourself.
- The key is finding someone who has already done it before and then release your false limitations.
[7:09] – Changing Your Mind: Taking Responsibility and Being Open To Growth
- Taking responsibility is taking a step back and admitting that you are the cause of all of your results.
- The reality is there are things that you can do differently to prepare yourself and your business so you will be ready when external factors come in.
- You can be open to growth after you accept the responsibility and you are willing to let go of a known good for a potentially great unknown.
[12:47] – Grow Your Business By Building Your Dream Team: Develop your people
- Developing people means developing a person. You can start by changing your mind. As an entrepreneur, you have to develop yourself first before the business can grow.
- Developing people means caring for people and giving value to them. Most people love working for small businesses because they feel that they are known as a person and not as a job description.
- A part of developing people is finding the people that align with you. Your business should have a core value.
- As an entrepreneur, look for people who can partner with you and find people who are going to walk alongside you and help you grow your business.
- Find out what is important to your people.
- Help your people along the development path to make things work.
[21:14] – Get out of the way – Building financial freedom, location freedom, and lifestyle freedom.
- Build a team so you can have freedom.
- Understand that as the business owner, you are your company’s biggest asset; on the contrary, you can also be your company’s biggest liability.
- Your business will not grow unless you get out of the way and allow your people to grow it without you.
[30:46] – Meredith’s takeaway for Fire Nation.
- As an entrepreneur, if you are willing to change your mind, develop your people, and get out of the way, you can have a massively successful business with less of your time.
[31:10] – Meredith’s call to action
- Meredith’s Website – Download your FREE PDF: The 5 Mind-Blowing Mistakes That Small Businesses Make While Hiring
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!