Michael Fomkin is a Two Comma Club winner, Broadway Investor, and Hollywood Insider. His investments in Broadway have won over 28 awards, including the Tony for Best Play in 2013.
VIP Ignite Live – Guiding Talent On How To Cultivate Genuine Relationships With Industry Professionals.
3 Value Bombs
1) Proximity is creating a circle of relationships that help you move your life, your mindset, and your business forward.
2) Your passion, drive, and determination will open up doors and will change your life.
3) Allow people to visualize what you are seeing and feeling, and when you bring your audience with you on that journey, it creates engagement and enthusiasm to be there with you.
ZipRecruiter: ZipRecruiter is partnering with first responders, government officials, the medical community, and more to help find the right people, for the right jobs, right now. Let’s work together. ZipRecruiter.com/worktogether!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
[1:00]– Michael shares something interesting about himself that most people do not know.
- He was sued for $100 million, and he won the lawsuit.
[1:56] – Michael talks about proximity and how to use it to propel your career
- Proximity is your relationship with the people within the same genre.
- Proximity is creating a circle of relationships that help you move your life, your mindset, and your business forward.
- Being in the entertainment industry, Michael utilizes podcasts to reach out to influencers.
[4:26] – What is the fastest way to get into the proximity of influencers in your industry?
- The fastest way is to go out and put yourself in front of the people whom you want to have an opportunity to work with.
- Create a list of people who are going to benefit you and vice versa.
[7:12] – Michael shares his experience with having proximity in his niches.
- He went to the NASA Air And Space Museum in Washington to have an opportunity to meet Buzz Aldrin.
- He used an opening line to start a dialogue, and with that technique he was able to meet amazing people.
[10:51] – How can you create proof of success in an industry when you are just starting out?
- You must have your aha moment, purpose, and passion.
- Your passion, drive, and determination will open up doors and will change your life.
- Introduce yourself, connect, and have a photo with the person.
[17:06] – How do you show proof of success on day one?
- Storytelling is a phenomenal thing when starting out.
- Allow people to visualize what you are seeing and feeling, and when you bring your audience with you on the journey it creates engagement and enthusiasm to be there with you.
[21:57] – How does having both proximity and proof give you power?
- Being on Entrepreneurs On Fire podcast gives Michael an opportunity to open up a new genre.
- Have passion and share the message with others.
- The right people will be attracted to you.
[25:30] – What are your best tips to leverage proximity and proof to build that next level authority?
- Take the information you’ve learned on your journey and put that into a book or on a website.
- You will know that you have reached the first step of success when people start reaching out to you, and your message starts to go out and work its magic on its own.
- It will allow you to focus more on moving up to a larger audience.
[27:27] – Michael’s parting piece of guidance
- The worst day of your life will seem to be the hardest day, but it should and will become a part of your story.
- Depending on where you are at this moment in your life, realize that you can overcome obstacles by facing them.
- VIP Ignite Live – Guiding Talent On How To Cultivate Genuine Relationships With Industry Professionals.
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!