Michael Overlie is a dog fanatic, energy expander and facilitator of the presence and awareness dogs bring to our lives. He works with men and their dogs to live on purpose.
Dogs and Men – Creating men of purpose. Check out Michael’s coaching and course. Use the code SPIRIT/FIRE for a special discount!
Michael’s Email – Connect with Michael via email!
3 Value Bombs
1) You need to back off, slow down, get quiet and don’t push it too hard.
2) Self-acceptance is one lesson that you can learn from your dog.
3) Your dogs are with you for a specific reason – discover what they are trying to show you about yourself and enjoy.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: How my dog makes me a better person with Michael Overlie
[1:10] – Michael shares something that he believes about becoming successful that most people disagree with.
- He believes that you need to back off, slow down, get quiet, and don’t push it too hard.
[1:55] – How does your dog show you how to be present?
- Your dog takes away all your issues, problems, and stories you had for the day.
- Every time you come home to your dog, you can use that as a launching pad to know what your dog brings you.
[3:33] – My dog accepts me just as I am. How does this make me better?
- Your dog loves you no matter what.
- Your dog tries to show you all the time that you are ok as you are.
- Self-acceptance is one lesson that you can learn from your dog.
[4:20] – Michael shares a story about how a dog made him a better person.
- He had a dog who was an escape artist, and he was in a not-so-happy marriage at that time.
- His dog made him realize that he needs to escape, go out and make a decision.
- Michael left the relationship, and his dog stopped escaping the yard.
[8:15] – My dog loves me no matter what. What benefit does this have for me?
- Your dog tells you he loves you no matter what you are and who you are.
- Your dog sees who you are at your core. Your dog knows, and they try to show you that.
- Self-acceptance, self-love, and peace are some of the benefits you get from your dog.
[12:26] – My dog makes me smile.
- A dog makes you smile and this takes away insecurities and thinking that you are not enough.
- Your dog knows what makes you happy, and he is with you all the way to share that feeling.
[14:17] – My dog brings me peace. Why is this a good thing?
- Peace is the epitome of not having stress, being calm, and feeling safe.
[15:17] – Michael’s parting piece of guidance.
- What is it in your life that brings you happiness? The lessons are different for each person.
- Your dogs are with you for a specific reason – discover what they are trying to show you about yourself and enjoy.
- Dogs and Men – Creating men of purpose. Check out Michael’s coaching and course. Use the code SPIRIT/FIRE for a special discount!
- Michael’s Email – Connect with Michael via email!
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!