Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3 Value Bombs
1) If you don’t have a strategy on YouTube, figure one out.
2) Everyone has idle opportunities; they either choose to fill their mind with music or fill their mind with knowledge.
3) The more you get people to listen, watch, and read, the more opportunities you’ll have to share your course or product; there is a segment of your audience that doesn’t mind hearing about whatever your course or product is.
ZipRecruiter: Successful businesses rely on quality people. But finding quality people can be tough. That’s why I love ZipRecruiter! Its powerful technology scans thousands of resumes to identify people with the right skills and experience, and then actively invites them to apply for your job! That means you get quality candidates fast. And right now you can try ZipRecruiter for free! Visit ZipRecruiter.com/fire. ZipRecruiter. The smartest way to hire!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: Pick the platform that is right for you with Michael Stelzner
[01:26] – Michael shares something interesting about himself that most people don’t know.
[03:15] – How do you choose the right platform and draw the right audience to you?
Ask yourself who it is you’re trying to get in front of, and what type of content, within your comfort zone, you can produce for that someone.
- Everyone has idle opportunities; they choose to fill their mind with music, or fill their mind with knowledge.
[06:48] – Why did Mike go the produced video route?
- Most of us have been trained that we are to interact on social media, and if we don’t, then it’s kind of strange because the platform prompt us to do it.
- Mike wondered if he could create a bit of “lean back and enjoy the show” type of experience, which is not an interactive experience but a passive experience.
- He knows that people buy from those who they know, they like, and they trust.
[13:58] – How can we move people from the sit-back-and-relax type of “passive participation” into a more active role?
- Develop a loyal following of people who really love your stuff.
- The only way you can get through to them is to figure out a way to give them what they want without actively selling them in the beginning.
- The more you get people to listen, watch, and read, the more opportunities you have to share your course or product. There is a segment of your audience who doesn’t mind hearing about whatever your course or product is. The idea is the masses that listen, they evangelize you and they evangelize whatever you’re giving them.
- Some of your most loyal fans will share with their fan base, and even if they don’t buy your product that becomes a marketing vehicle for you. That’s one of the best types of marketing—referral marketing.
[19:08] – How do you know when to provide free content and when to turn that camera on and pitch a sale?
- Never say “go buy tickets” on social media.
- It’s about genuinely making connections and trying to help.
- The idea is to get them to the point where you become so valuable to them that they can’t imagine not having access to you.
[26:20] – Why did Mike pull 3 long-form shows off of Facebook?
- What they call a view, the rest of the world calls an impression.
- The average user on YouTube spends 40 minutes watching videos.
- The reality is nobody is watching long-form videos on Facebook, yet everybody keeps producing them. They’re doing it because everybody else is doing it, and that is the problem.
[33:07] – What are the changes you’ve made to your event, Social Media Marketing World?
- Nowadays, we have YouTube for business, which we didn’t have before.
- We also have weekly webinars, so when you invest in a ticket to Social Media Marketing World Mike and his team will teach you how to start making conversations and connections.
- Social Media Marketing World – Discover the best social media marketing techniques from the world’s top experts! Snag your ticket for Social Media Marketing World in San Diego March 20 – 22, 2019
[39:08] – Mike’s parting piece of guidance
- Do not overlook having a YouTube strategy. If you don’t have a strategy on YouTube, figure one out.
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!