Michael Stelzner is the founder of Social Media Examiner, author of the books Launch and Writing White Papers, and the man behind Social Media Marketing World – the industry’s largest conference. He’s also host of the Social Media Marketing podcast and founder of the Social Media Marketing Society.
Michael’s YouTube – Subscribe, watch and learn from Michael!
3 Value Bombs
1) When you are the entrepreneur or the company that people think of when they have a need, you do not have to pay for exposure.
2) Remember that no matter how crowded your space is, there will always be a room for you.
3) If you want to be well-known, then the key is to create content. Try to create the best conceivable unique content for the niche that you are in, and then people will start to recognize you. With that you can accomplish almost anything.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: How to Become an Influencer ON FIRE with Michael Stelzner
[0:23] – Michael greets Fire Nation and shares something interesting about himself that most people do not know.
- His first ever business was with his younger brother when he was 10 or 11 years old. They used to sell night crawlers to fishermen.
[2:50] – What are the advantages that come with being an industry leader in the social media industry?
- Everybody that becomes known seems to be more successful.
- When you are the entrepreneur or the company that people think of when they have a need, you do not have to pay for exposure.
- Marketing is easier; it becomes organic.
[7:40] – If someone wants to become well-known, where do they start?
- Remember that no matter how crowded your space is, there will always be room for you.
- Ask yourself, “Why do I want to be well-known?”
- You’ve got to have a bigger reason why you want to be well-known.
- Being famous alone is not enough of a reason; have a purpose.
- Do a competitive analysis.
- Research your competitors, find your unique point of differentiation, and then test your message.
[16:27] – Michael talks about his new strategy on YouTube.
- Their goal was to create article-quality video tutorials.
- He films inspirational videos and wants to show the audience a different side of him.
[19:00] – What are the signals you need to look for in order to know if what you are doing is actually working?
- Create – spend a little bit of time creating.
- Maintain – spend a lot of time maintaining.
- Analyze – spend a little time analyzing.
- Watch for feedback from other people and track growth metrics.
[24:50] – Michael shares a story about employing open-loops in his YouTube videos.
- Hook – use clips as a teaser; give someone a reason to stick around.
- Bumper – viewers usually take 3 seconds to judge your video.
- Content – give the viewers an idea of what they’re going to learn from watching your video.
- Bonus tip – it will make your viewers stick around until the end of your video.
[27:03] – How can those just starting out collaborate with others to accelerate their personal growth?
- Michael’s simple formula for growth:
- Great content + Involve other people – Marketing messages = Growth
- Work with others and think creatively.
[30:05]– Michael’s parting piece of guidance
- If you want to be well-known, then the key is to create content. Try to create the best conceivable unique content for the niche that you are in, and then people will start to recognize you. With that you can accomplish almost anything.
- Michael’s YouTube – Subscribe, watch and learn from Michael!
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!