Moiz Ali is the Founder of Native, the fastest growing CPG company in the United States. The company was acquired by Procter & Gamble for $100 Million in 2017.
Moiz’s Twitter – Connect with Moiz!
Moiz’s Instagram – Follow and get to know more about Moiz
3 Value Bombs
1) The founder is the backbone of the growth of the business.
2) Random ideas appear and suddenly become great ideas.
3) Be as frugal as possible and wear it as your badge of honor; it is how you will build a successful business.
Thrivetime Show: Looking for a business coach who has helped thousands of entrepreneurs just like you to increase their profitability by an average of 104% per year? Schedule your free consultation today with Clay Clark at ThrivetimeShow.com/fire!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: The Art of the $100M Exit with Moiz Ali
[1:30] – Moiz shares something interesting about himself that most people do not know.
- When he was in 3rd grade he was injured by a car
[3:01] – What was the hardest moment in the history of Native?
- Native is a direct-to-consumer personal care company.
- The hardest moment was when the formula for their deodorant didn’t hold up in hot weather
- The company had to decide whether they close the business or they release the new formula.
- The new formula made the business much larger.
[6:29] – Why did you choose to not raise much capital? How did you make that work?
- The business was growing quickly and well without raising funds, and the other reason: he was not sure what to do with the money.
- The focus of their marketing efforts was always to grow the business organically.
- They wanted to be in control of their destiny.
[10:38] – What are the major differences between scaling from $1-10M in revenue and $10-100M per year?
- 1-10 million dollar business
- The founder is the backbone of the growth of the business.
- It requires hands-on work.
- 10-100 million dollar business
- You can hire a team who can help you do everything.
[16:59] – What are your routines and what are you focused on now?
- Recent shift in his routine: from being 100% focused on the business, to planning to travel and do some relaxation.
- Focused on being an advisor to direct-to-consumer businesses on how to grow the business and how to face the challenges brought by the Coronavirus.
- Focused on personal growth.
[18:40] – Moiz shares the best book that he read over the past 4-6 months.
- The Ride of the Lifetime by Bob Igor.
[21:04] – What are a few of the things Moiz looks for in Founders when investing?
- Invest in people.
- Ideas matters.
- Speed to execution – get to operation mode in the shortest time possible; get your product to the market.
- Open to feedback – be adaptable to consumers’ and investors’ needs.
[26:36] – What are you interested in right now in terms of companies to invest in, advise and follow?
- Random ideas appear and suddenly become great ideas; he does not limit himself to sectors.
- He tends to invest in businesses that support the direct-to-consumer community.
- Gorgeous – a customer service software platform for e-commerce companies
- Pepper – woman’s underwear company
- Postscript – SMS for e-commerce
[29:21] – What type of content production are you planning for your audience in the coming months?
- Moiz is very active on social media.
[30:55] – Moiz’s call to action and parting piece of guidance
- Moiz’s Twitter – Connect with Moiz!
- Moiz’s Instagram – Follow and get to know more about Moiz.
- Be as frugal as possible and wear it as your badge of honor; it is how you will build a successful business.
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!