Naomi Simson is the Founder of the Australian online experience retailer RedBalloon.com.au, which launched in 2001. The company recently sold its 2 millionth experience. Naomi is an Entrepreneur, speaker, mother, author, blogger, innovator and truly passionate individual. She is the 2011 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- “If it’s meant to be, its up to me.” – Unknown
- Naomi “How much does it cost to design a website?”
- Website Designer “What is your budget?”
- Naomi “Well I have $25,000 in total savings.”
- Website Designer “$25,000.”
- Naomi “Ok.”
- You can imagine this didn’t turn out well Fire Nation…
Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment
- Naomi realized if she was going to be in charge of hiring, then Red Balloon would fail. She shares a powerful story of how true this actually was.
- Red Balloon recently sold their 2 millionth experience, and Naomi reflects on the core reasons for her success.
Small Business Resource
- A gratitude diary
Best Business Book
- Small Giants by Bo Burlingham
- eVoice: The business phone system of choice for entrepreneurs. Make more money and grow your business with eVoice. Use offer code FIRE for $5 off every month FOREVER!
- LegalZoom wants to help you start your business right. Visit LegalZoom.com, where you’ll find award-winning services developed by some of the best legal minds in the country, and enter FIRE in the referral box at checkout.
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!