Nathan Kontny is the Founder of two Y Combinator companies: Inkling and Cityposh. Inkling was in the second batch of YC in the winter of 2006 and is still profitable and growing today. After Cityposh, he was a software engineer for President Obama’s re-election campaign. Nathan’s new focus is Draft, which we are sure to dive into today.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- “You can out spend or you can out teach.” – Kathy Sierra click to tweet!
- Nathan talks about his business failure with Cityposh. Many golden nuggets in this story…
Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment
- Nate realizes that for a business to take off, it has to make ones life easier, not add complications to it. That’s what he did with Inkling and what he is attempting to do today with Draft.
- Draft’s lightbulb moment came from Nathan’s own pain-point, and as he solves his pain-point, he is hoping to strike a nerve with many others.
Best Business Book
- Something Really New by Denis J. Hauptly
- LegalZoom wants to help you start your business right. Visit LegalZoom.com, where you’ll find award-winning services developed by some of the best legal minds in the country, and enter FIRE in the referral box at checkout.
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!