Peter Kozodoy is the author of Honest to Greatness, an Inc. 5000 serial entrepreneur, TEDx speaker, and business coach who works with organizations and their leaders to help them overcome self-limiting bullsh*t and use brutal honesty to achieve massive success.
Honest To Greatness – Visit Peter’s website and take the 21-Question Quiz to reveal your hidden “Honesty Type”!
Peter’s Gift to Fire Nation – Get your limited-time BONUS from Peter!
3 Value Bombs
1) Lack of honesty in a variety of ways is a serious matter.
2) You have to stop lying to yourself about what you want and what it takes to get there.
3) It just isn’t going to pay to be anything but honest and transparent.
Thrivetime Show: Looking for a business coach who has helped thousands of entrepreneurs just like you to increase their profitability by an average of 104% per year? Schedule your free consultation today with Clay Clark at ThrivetimeShow.com/fire!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: How Brutal Honesty Will Bring You Massive Profits, Happiness, and Success with Peter Kozodoy
[1:19] – Peter shares something interesting about himself that most people do not know.
- He was a highly competitive figure skater for about 15 years.
[2:55] – Peter’s upcoming book is endorsed by Barbara Corcoran, and it is about using brutal honesty to achieve massive success. Why honesty, and why did that concept intrigue Peter so much?
- He has experienced desolation in the past, which lead him to start a video production company. he then pivoted to being a full-service marketing agency.
- Throughout building his company, he became interested in how honesty plays into the organization.
- He found out over the years that a lack of honesty in a variety of ways is a serious matter.
- The whole thing solidified for him in terms of organization and personal sense when he experienced a crisis of honesty himself.
- Despite being successful, he realized that he had been dishonest with himself.
- Honesty brought Peter to achieve more, which includes his book that is coming out soon.
[11:49] – Peter shares his definition of honesty.
- 3 Important Layers of Honesty:
- Getting honest with and about your community.
- Being honest with and about the people around us.
- Getting honest with and about yourself.
- Leaders and organizations that get honest on all 3 levels end up fundamentally different. They end up moving rapidly forward, bending the community towards them, and creating industry-dominating results.
- Dominoes Pizza’s brand problem.
[19:18] – What does “people are inherently dishonest” mean?
- Sometimes you think you have all the answers, and all you have to do is roll forward with your big and bold ideas – but it doesn’t go that way.
- 99% of business problems are personal problems in disguise. “People are inherently dishonest” means somewhere along the line, you’ve lied to yourself about where the issues are and what needs to be done.
- You have to stop lying to yourself about what you want, and what it takes to get there.
- Ask yourself the following questions:
- What self-limiting beliefs do I have?
- How am I being dishonest with myself?
[27:20] – How can honesty improve your business and make you more money?
- You can improve your business and make more money by being in honest alignment with what you want
[33:16] – How does honesty affect an entrepreneur’s ability to succeed or fail?
- Honesty can affect your ability to succeed or fail because entrepreneurship is 10% about business, 100% about people, and 1000% about the self.
- Personal Development is one of the greatest gifts of entrepreneurship.
- Get into a group of entrepreneurs where you can be honest and be vulnerable – and share.
[36:19] – Main takeaway about honesty from Peter.
- Ask yourself: Where do I go from here?
- It just isn’t going to pay to be anything but honest and transparent.
- Be honest, and make a name for yourself to be a leader and to drive business results.
[38:08] – Peter’s call to action for Fire Nation.
- Honest To Greatness – Visit Peter’s website and take the 21-Question Quiz to reveal your hidden “Honesty Type”
- Peter’s Gift to Fire Nation – Get your limited-time BONUS from Peter!
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!