Pete is the leading authority on Using Stages to Build your Business. With over 25,000 stages booked, many call him the Stage Whisperer.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- EOFire.com/speaker – Get access to Pete’s completely free workshop on the 3 steps you can take to build your business with speaking.
3 Key Points:
- When you focus in on creating and getting dialed in on one talk, and you are very comfortable with that one talk, it’s amazing what can happen. You’ll gain confidence, and you’ll get a little better each time you present that talk.
- High barriers equal low competition.
- A lot of people think that a dream stage is all about the number of people in the audience. That’s not the case. The dream stage is one where there’s a high percentage of people in the audience who are your ideal clients to work with past that stage.
- ZipRecruiter: Successful businesses rely on quality people. But finding quality people can be tough. That’s why I love ZipRecruiter! Its powerful technology scans thousands of resumes to identify people with the right skills and experience, and then actively invites them to apply for your job! That means you get quality candidates fast. And right now you can try ZipRecruiter for free! Visit ZipRecruiter.com/fire. ZipRecruiter. The smartest way to hire!
Audio Masterclass Show Notes
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
- Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: Using Speaking to Build your Business in 3 Steps with Pete Vargas
- [00:49] – Pete shares something about himself that most people don’t know.
- He was ranked #1 in tennis in the state of Colorado about 5 years ago!
- [02:18] – A quick review of what we’ll be chatting about today.
- Using speaking as a customer acquisition channel that not just influences people but also makes sure your business thrives.
- How to make sure you’re great on stage. How to make sure that when you get on that stage, you’re unbelievable!
- How to get on the 40 different kinds of existing stages.
- How to scale stages to make sure that you not only have the greatest impact, but also that people go deeper and work with you afterwards.
- [06:45] – Why does Pete love stages so much?
- It’s not about being an inspirational speaker; it’s about anybody that does an incredible job on stage.
- Pete loves stages because it’s personal for him, and it has been a repetitive theme for how he works with people and how those people work with other people.
- [09:34] – How are stages one of the fastest ways to grow your business?
- There are stages in all of your listeners’ backyards. Every association, every niche, every industry that exists – there are stages happening a drive away from your home, and they happen every single month.
- It’s not about the setup and all of other things that have to happen. You can go on one stage, and it doesn’t have to be some national or international stage. It can be a stage in your own backyard.
- [13:58] – How does one overcome the fear of speaking?
- You only need one talk. And you need repetition and someone to help coach you in that talk.
- When you get one talk dialed in and are very comfortable with that one talk, it’s amazing what can happen. You’ll get confident, and all of a sudden, you’ll get a little better each time you present that talk.
- Find three people. Look to the right, middle, and left; then find one person and lock in with them. Don’t look at anybody else for the rest of the time you’re on stage.
- Have a routine before you get on stage.
- High barriers equal low competition.
- [20:21] – How to speak with confidence, but not be a sales-y type of person.
- The irony is that the people you connect with – those you make eye contact with – are the people that are going to give you the most energy.
- Because of the fact that people avoid speaking, if you’re the one who will do it, you’re going to be the one that will set yourself up for a lot of success.
- Craft a talk that speaks to the person in the audience with a left brain and that also speaks to the person in the audience with a right brain.
- The Story Braid framework: the framework that allows you to be yourself
- What are you going to do in the first 5 – 10 minutes to connect with the heart of your audience? Because when you open up their hearts, their minds are ready to listen to you. They will absorb all of the content and value that you’re going to share. Your audience has to see that you are both ordinary and extraordinary.
- Teach them what it takes to get those extraordinary results. Data, case studies, and facts, coupled with a story.
- The third piece is the hands. It’s the call to action. It’s what you’re getting them to do. Help them get a quick win during the presentation; give them a gift that gets them from A to B – something they can consume in 10-15 minutes.
- Close with the heart. It’s either closing the loop on your opening story or a completely separate story that reinforces everything you’ve taught.
- [31:59] – How many stages actually exist? Are there enough for everybody?
- There are over 80 different stages. 40 online stages and 40 offline stages.
- The beauty of stages is that, depending on your season, you can pick and choose what you want.
- A lot of people think that a dream stage is all about the number of people in the audience. That’s not the case. The dream stage is one where there’s a high percentage of people in the audience who are your ideal clients to work with beyond the stage.
- It’s not about having thousands of people. It’s about making sure that 70-80% of people that are in that audience could potentially work with you past that stage.
- [39:07] – Pete’s workshop will share 3 steps – the specific system to use while you’re speaking.
- The list of exact stages that could potentially be your dream stage
- Dive deeper into overcoming your fear of being on stages, and help you craft your talk. Have your one talk outlined completely.
- How to scale a stage.
- Get access to Pete’s completely free workshop on the 3 steps you can take to build your business with speaking! Visit EOFire.com/speaker
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Real Revenue: Follow JLD’s step-by-step system and turn ANY idea into a revenue generating MACHINE!