Philip McKernan works with entrepreneurs and business leaders all over the world. He’s worked with the Canadian Olympic Team, The Pentagon and has shared the stage with other speakers like the Dalai Lama and Richard Branson. He helps those seeking clarity about their future and to move through roadblocks, seen and unseen.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Connect with Philip on his website and via Give and Grow
- FunnelOnFire – A free 8 day course on how to create a funnel that converts!
- The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- It’s always easier to fail at the thing you don’t really want to do—good can be the enemy of great.
- Don’t be afraid to raise your hand and ask for help.
- Don’t confuse excitement for passion—some may be operating in their talent when they really should be using their gifts.
- Organifi: Organifi Green Juice is packed with 11 energy-bumping superfoods and herbs, which means you’ll get long-lasting energy throughout the day. See for yourself: visit Organifi.com and save 20% with promo code FIRE!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:57] – Philip is a father of two
- [01:09] – He’s originally from Ireland, went to Canada and now lives in the United States
- [01:17] – Philip coaches people in the entrepreneurial space
- [01:43] – He has no specific area of expertise because he believes that the world is currently evolving and there’s so much to give
- [02:30] – What he does extremely well is help people see what they can’t already see
- [02:56] – Philip uncovers people’s individual truths
- [03:15] – One BIG and Unique Value Bomb: Entrepreneurs mix up the difference between excitement and passion—what people are doing is executing their talents, but not using their gifts
- [04:45] – Passion is that deep feeling you get when you know you’re on the right path
- [05:04] – The challenge is to allow that feeling to grow
- [06:47] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Philip was in a basement and all the money he had was invested in a real estate business in Ireland. The Irish market went off a cliff and hit rock bottom – all the funds they were relying on vanished
- [08:12] – The unfortunate reality of what happened led Philip to where he is now
- [08:44] – Philip stopped and really thought hard about what happened
- [09:08] – “I did not want to do real estate…it’s not who I am as a person”
- [10:11] – It’s easier to fail at something you don’t really want to do
- [10:38] – Good can be the enemy of great
- [11:36] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: The magic happens when an idea connects with an emotion—creating events and experiences that people need is what Philip did
- [12:40] – Don’t be afraid to seek help
- [13:50] – Two things people love about Philip’s talks are: the feeling that he’s talking directly to each individual and how he gets them to a place they didn’t previously see
- [14:21] – “I’m very good at what I do but the thing is, I can only be as good as the clients that I work with”
- [15:32] – Philip loves that his clients realize the importance of putting in value and creating a meaningful life
- [16:49] – Start with one client
- [17:14] – Part of getting things in order is helping other people along the way
- [18:03] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Lack of self worth”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “I’ll tell you the WORST advice I’ve ever received in business and in life, it’s ‘keep the emotion out of it’”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Taking space for myself”
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – “I wouldn’t recommend a book. I would recommend that you write your own book”
- [20:25] – Just because you’re good at what you do, doesn’t mean you like who you are
- [21:01] – Connect with Philip on his website and on Give and Grow, a documentary they recently published
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!