After working in communications at organizations including The Wall Street Journal and the United Nations, Rachel Gogos launched brandiD, a soulful digital agency building online headquarters that empower changemakers to share their essence and build their business.
360Reach.me – The first and leading web-based personal brand survey that gets you the critical feedback you need so you can expand your career or business success!
TheBrandiD Website – Try the Deep Target Audience Exercise and get a free digital copy of Rachel’s book
3 Value Bombs
1) A brand is not your logo; a personal brand is a combination of your reputation, personality, and marketing.
2) The more your business grows, the more your mindset has to be in the right place.
3) What makes business growth inevitable? Clarity around where you want to go, who you serve, and how you make people feel after they interact with your brand.
Thinkific: THE best platform to create, market, and sell your online courses, and right now you can sign up for 1 month free on the Thinkific Pro plan, PLUS leverage over $1,000 worth of training bonuses FREE!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: How to build your brand and grow your business from the inside out with Rachel Gogos
[1:36] – Rachel shares something interesting about herself that most people don’t know.
- Rachel and her husband are 100% Greek, and the band from the movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding was the band at their wedding!
[3:39] – What exactly is a personal brand, and how does it differ from a brand?
- A brand is not your logo; a personal brand is a combination of your reputation, personality, and marketing.
[7:19] – What percentage of entrepreneurs identify themselves as introverts? And do introverts have to get uncomfortable to stand out?
- Rachel thinks that it’s about 60-70%.
- You do not have to get uncomfortable; Rachel and her team will help you define your personality and project it on the web in way that it is aligned with your personality.
- Be authentic, genuine, and transparent.
[11:24] – How can you differentiate your business and stand out in a competitive space?
- Identify your top 3 competitors.
- Analyze them and look at their credentials.
- List your differences and how you can accentuate parts of your personal brand.
- Get feedback on your differentiators and ask leading questions.
[14:26] – How can you figure out what makes you different? And how can you use your uniqueness in a beneficial way?
- Ask your friends, family, and colleagues what stands out about you to them.
- Review your client’s testimonials.
- Take Rachel’s personal brand assessment! 360Reach.me
[19:49] – How does mindset impact your ability to grow your business and the influence that you have?
- The more your business grows, the more your mindset has to be in the right place.
- Rachel talks about the Imposter Syndrome.
- The more you grow in your business, the more influential and more known you become… and the more that feeling of the Imposter Syndrome grows.
- Continue to educate yourself.
- Be clear on your vision and use visual reminders like Sticky Notes.
[24:11] – How “authentic” should one be online?
- Think about what you are offering people professionally, and then think about a personal thing that you want to share with your ideal client.
- “Connection happens in the cracks”.
[27:01] – What are the top 3 actions one can take to reach their audience and expand their reach?
- Be clear on who you are serving.
- Identify where you can find your audience.
- Provide the right vibe to attract the audience you want.
[30:01] – Rachel’s parting piece of guidance
- What makes business growth inevitable? Clarity around where you want to go, who you serve, and how you make people feel after they interact with your brand.
[30:36] – Rachel’s call to action for Fire Nation
- Try the Deep Target Audience Exercise at TheBrandiD Website and get a free digital copy of Rachel’s book – Build Your Personal Brand: The Definitive Guide to Soul-Based Marketing!
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!