Re Perez is a Brand Strategist, author, and CEO of Branding For The People, a brand transformation agency that helps entrepreneurs optimize their impact by authentically connecting with their audiences.
Your Brand Should Be Gay – Order Re’s book today!
3 Value Bombs
1) Branding is a way of thinking; it is every aspect about you that creates the perception you want to have with the people you are communicating with.
2) Great branding elicits an emotional connection and grabs people’s attention. It can be polarizing, and it compels you to take action.
3) Find your unique path; find what is consistent with your passion and create your category. Live your most authentic life, and be your authentic personal brand to be successful in the business that you build.
Thrivetime Show: Looking for a business coach who has helped thousands of entrepreneurs just like you to increase their profitability by an average of 104% per year? Schedule your free consultation today with Clay Clark at ThrivetimeShow.com/fire!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: Your Brand Should Be Gay (Even If You’re Not) with Re Perez
[1:27] – Re shares something interesting about himself that most people do not know.
- He is the son of an Ex-military Air Force and he moved between a lot of different states during his childhood.
[4:18] – Re talks about his book: Your Brand Should Be Gay (Even If You’re Not)
- He teaches the power of branding through his book title.
- Great branding elicits an emotional connection and grabs people’s attention. It can be polarizing, and it compels you to take action.
- The book is about authenticity, and it can apply to anyone who is an entrepreneur.
[7:20] – Why did Re decide to write this book?
- He wanted entrepreneurs to expand their understanding of branding.
- Your logo is a key part of building a brand, but Re wants entrepreneurs to understand that branding is much more than just a logo.
- Branding is a way of thinking; it is every aspect about you that creates the perception you want to have with the people you are communicating with.
- Re wants to help entrepreneurs de-mystify their branding.
[11:02] – What is the difference between branding and marketing?
- Branding is about creating a perception over time.
- Marketing is about grabbing your attention right now.
- First, define your brand, then use marketing to express your brand.
- Marketing is what you say while branding is how people perceive you.
[19:15] – What are some common mistakes people make when it comes to branding?
- Looking at branding as a liability.
- Branding is an investment in how you want to be perceived over time.
- Putting all the responsibility of one aspect of your brand to communicate everything about your brand.
- Look at your brand as an eco-system of everything that you are communicating.
- Creation of your brand.
- Create a brand that is authentic to who you are.
- 3 Layers of Creating A Brand That Is Authentic To Who You Are:
- What can you credibly own as a brand?
- What makes you distinct in the category?
- What makes you relevant to your targeted audience?
[23:50] – Is there a difference between a company brand versus a personal brand?
- If brand is about creating a desired perception, then you have different expressions of that same brand, whether in business or as a person.
- You can have both, but understand the pros and cons of building a business brand over building a personal brand.
[27:37] – How does Fire Nation know if they are ready to build a brand?
- Proactive approach – pro-actively looking at the trends in the market and be adaptable to where the market is heading.
- Reactive approach – re-acting to something that is not working for your branding.
- Ask yourself:
- Do you have a point of view?
- Do you have a message?
- Do you have a unique way to solve people’s problems?
- Are you fine that no one knows who you are?
[31:53]–Re’s parting piece of guidance.
- Find your unique path. Find what is consistent with your passion, and create your category.
- Live your most authentic life; be your authentic personal brand to be successful in the business that you build.
- Your Brand Should Be Gay – Order Re’s book today!
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!