Ryan White is a 7-figure digital entrepreneur, influencer, investor, press contributor, and speaker. He founded the globally recognized social media marketing company Social Revelation, which helps business and personal brands increase their digital footprint and brand awareness online.
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
Instagram Mastery Course – Pre-order now and enjoy 50% off with Ryan’s Instagram Mastery Course. It will be dropped January 1,2019.
Ryan’s Instagram– Connect with Ryan on Instagram.
I am Ryan White – Ryan’s website
3 Value Bombs
1) Get involved. You don’t want to spend your life on the sideline. Get on the playing field. Create success in your life. Anyone can do this.
2) When a lead comes to your page, your bio is the first thing they take notice of.
3) Research your competitors and model what you see working for them. Don’t try to reinvent the wheel.
Podium: Did you know 83% of happy customers are willing to leave a review, but only 23% actually do? Reviews matter. The way you show up online determines who shows up at your door. Visit Podium.com/fire for 10% off your monthly subscription!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: Leveraging a Powerful Social Media Strategy in a Digitally Driven World.
[01:11] – Ryan shares something interesting about himself that most people don’t know.
[04:10] – How do we set up a bio that’s really appealing to people and that generates more interest on Instagram?
- When a lead comes to your page, your bio is the first thing they notice.
- Capitalize on this section; if you’re a 7-figure earner, you have to put it in there.
- Make sure that in your bio, you have a nice point of contact.
- Make sure that your backend email under the settings of your profile is different from the front end email to avoid hacking access to your account.
- There are tools out there you can leverage to help do a lot of things for you.
- Ryan is using Linktree to turn the one link that Instagram wants you to have into multiple links.
[09:06] – What are hashtags, and how do we use them the right way?
- Make use of the 30 hashtags Instagram allows you.
- Research 10 hashtags that have over 5 million hits and that are related to your niche.
- Then research 10 hashtags with 250,000 to 5 million hits.
- Then 10 hashtags with less than 250,000 hits.
- Finally, create 3-5 hashtags that are geared to your brand specifically.
[15:09] – What are other tools people can use as a substitute to iPhone’s text replacement tool?
- Use the notes section on your iPhone.
[16:13] – How do you get more attention when posting to our Instagram feed?
- Have a clear vision and know your niche.
- Be consistent. Post at least once every 3-4 days. Instagram rewards you for keeping people on their platform.
- Make sure that you’re doing quality over quantity.
- If you have around 10,000 followers, post once per day.
- If you have around 100,000 followers, post twice per day.
- If you have more than 100,000 followers, post 3-4 times per day.
- Break your columns down to different categories: one column for personal posts, one column for motivational quotes and videos, and one column that’s for your business.
- Research your competitors and model what you see working for them. Don’t try to reinvent the wheel.
[21:50] – What are “stories” and why are they awesome? What is the best way to utilize them?
- Stories give your followers a behind-the-scenes look into your business and/or lifestyle.
- It allows for a deeper connection, and people like connection.
- Sometimes it’s hard for people to post daily, but stories free you up from that. There is no limitation to how many stories you can post.
- People can relate to people better than actual brands or logos.
- Leverage the “swipe up” feature once you reach 10K followers.
[27:31] – SPONSOR
[30:06] – What is IG Tv? What are its pros and cons, and how do we use it?
- It’s another way for Instagram to become a major player in every segment when it comes to digital marketing.
- Because it is new, now is a great time to get a head start on this feature (since not a lot of people are doing it.)
- Most people connect with videos. It draws in an extra 65% more engagement than a normal photo.
[33:48] – How do we pull the bio, the feed, stories, and IGTV together to keep growing?
- Make sure that you’re interacting with your target niche.
- Use the power of networking and community. There has to be genuine interest.
- A neat, little way to scale is to engage quickly – check your post 15-30 minutes after you upload it.
- Study the algorithm. Look and see what accounts seem to go viral over and over again. Reach out to those people. Engage in a real conversation with them and get their thoughts on methods that they’re using in order to go viral
[42:15] – How can you monetize on Instagram?
- It doesn’t matter how big you are. Brands are starting to utilize micro-influencers a lot more.
- Brand collaboration is huge when it comes to monetization.
- Another way that you can monetize is through shoutouts from smaller brands.
- Use swipe ups to build your email list.
- Helix Lombard method: build a network of influencers who have credible audience and leverage all of them together for one paid promo.
[48:20] – Ryan’s parting piece of guidance
- Get involved. You don’t want to spend your life on the sideline. Get on the playing field. Create success in your life. Anyone can do this.
- Enjoy 50% off Ryan’s Instagram Mastery Course, which drops January 1, 2019! Visit OfficialMasteryCourse.com/fire and pre-order now!
- Connect with Ryan on Instagram
- I am Ryan White – Ryan’s website
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!