Samuel is the owner and founder of UrbaneBox. He is also a full time police officer – he worked for the NYPD for 2.5 years and then transferred to the Schenectady Police Department.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- WP Beginner – Samuel’s small business resource
- Blue Blood – Samuel’s Top Business Book
- UrbaneBox – Samuel’s website
- Connect with Samuel on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- EOFire – Check out JLD’s 5 FREE Courses for you!
- The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- Optimize your social media posts by using engaging content to reach more people.
- Pivot when you need to—a business doesn’t have a straight path.
- Always go for what you believe in and persevere.
- DesignCrowd: If you’re not much of a designer, but are looking for ideas for your next logo, websites design or even your new business cards, then DesignCrowd can help! Visit DesignCrowd.com/fire for a special one $100 VIP offer for Fire Nation!
- Omaha Steaks: If you’re looking for the perfect business gift, choose gifts that are simple to give and a JOY to get: choose Omaha Steaks! And right now you can get their exclusive Holiday Gift Package for only $59.99! Visit OmahaSteaks.com, type EOF in the search bar and choose the Perfect Business Gift.
- DaVinci – DaVinci meeting rooms start at just $10/hour, and when you book your space now at DaVinciMeeting.com/fire the first hour is on them! Terms and conditions apply, for details see . Where are you holding YOUR next meeting?
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:00] – Samuel has been a full-time police officer for 12 years
- [01:45] – His area of expertise is in creating online businesses
- [03:05] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: If you post something on Facebook, make sure it’s catchy for your audience. When they engage with your post, their friends will see your ad, too
- [04:40] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Samuel spent sleepless nights building his business while going to work full time. What hit him hard was after four months of pouring into his business, with an investment of $5,000-$8,000, he still hadn’t made any sales
- [06:43] – Working full time helped Samuel financially, but what really helped him get through it was the burning desire in his heart to succeed
- [07:54] – He kept pivoting every time he got stuck
- [09:57] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Samuel implemented a 10-day trial where his client only pays for what they keep. What made his business grow was changing his business model to a subscription service.
- [11:28] – Keep testing, pivoting, and adjusting when needed
- [12:05] – If you have an idea, go for it with perseverance
- [13:21] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “I’m very excited with the way online businesses are going right now”
- [16:42] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “The first thing I thought about was becoming a law enforcement officer”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Believe in yourself, believe in what you want to achieve, and just go for it”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I’m meticulous about everything that I do”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – WP Beginner
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Blue Blood – “gives good insight on what we deal with and the hard work [involved in] being a police officer ”
- 21:24 – Connect with Samuel on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- [21:48] – Have patience and perseverance
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Real Revenue: Follow JLD’s step-by-step system and turn ANY idea into a revenue generating MACHINE!