Spencer Carpenter is the founder of Outlier Audio, a full service podcast booking agency. He uses 15 years of talent representation experience to get successful entrepreneurs, investors, and business professionals on interviews with industry leading podcasts.
Spencer’s Instagram – Connect with Spencer on Instagram!
OutlierAudio.com – Build reputation and earn authority with podcasts!
3 Value Bombs
1) You do not have to put a lot of emphasis on your brand, but on you, as a person.
2) Anybody with a skillset or experience beyond the average person can guest on podcasts.
3) You need to develop what your catchy angle is going to be and lead with that. Be unique and provide value.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: Getting Booked on Podcasts: Top Tips and Tricks with Spencer Carpenter
[1:27] – Spencer shares something he believes about becoming successful that most people disagree with.
- He believes that you do not have to put a lot of emphasis on your brand, but on you, as a person.
[2:24] – Spencer shares his thoughts on the power of podcasts over other mediums.
- Podcasts are not disruptive marketing; podcasting is a platform wherein people volunteer to come and listen to you.
- A podcast allows for a no-pitch scenario.
[4:55] – Who can guest on podcasts?
- Anybody with a skillset or experience beyond the average person can guest on podcasts.
- You don’t need to be the leading industry expert to share information others can benefit from.
- As long as you can provide valuable insight and have a one-on-one conversation with someone, you can be on a podcast.
[7:10] – Spencer talks about the top ways to present and pitch ourselves to a podcast host.
- Have a unique perspective that you can put into a catchy subject line.
- Make sure to value the time of the host.
- Include links to your other interviews, credentials, and affiliations.
[10:29] – A timeout to thank our sponsors!
- ZipRecruiter: Discover hiring joy with ZipRecruiter! Try ZipRecruiter for free at ZipRecruiter.com/fire. ZipRecruiter. The smartest way to hire.
- HubSpot: Learn how HubSpot can help your business grow better at HubSpot.com.
[14:00] – What are some tools that can assist us in this podcasting venture?
- Podmatch.com – Create an account to connect with shows that are actively looking for guests.
- Podcastguests.com – Connects podcasters with great guests, and they send out emails to let you know the types of guests on the platform and what shows that are looking for guests.
- PodcastWise.com – Search shows based on keywords, categories, and reach.
[16:22] – What do you do after the podcast goes live to maximize your opportunity?
- Even before the episode comes out, give the host a good review.
- Appreciate the host. Re-purpose the content.
[19:39] – Spencer’s key takeaway and call to action.
- You need to develop what your catchy angle is going to be and lead with that. Be unique and provide value.
- Spencer’s Instagram – Connect with Spencer on Instagram!
- OutlierAudio.com – Build reputation and earn authority with podcasts!
[20:12] – Thank you to our Sponsor!
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!