Vincent Pugliese is the owner and host of Total Life Freedom, a daily podcast and an online community for lifestyle freedom seeking entrepreneurs, and the author of The Wealth Of Connection.
Total Life Freedom – The Total Life Freedom Mastermind and Community. Every day, discover new stories, insights and actionable advice for anyone in career chaos and wanting their life back!
The Wealth of Connection – A New Approach to Making Business Personal Paperback by
3 Value Bombs
1) We are selfish. We have selfish goals. Many times, the entrepreneurs who fail to get noticed prioritize their selfish goals over their generous goals.
2) Connection comes from relationship, trust, and integrity. It doesn’t happen overnight.
3) When you mistake charisma for character, you’ll end up following the wrong people, and possibly becoming not who you want to become.
VistaCreate: A graphic design platform where anyone can easily craft professional and unique visual content for social media and digital marketing in minutes! Visit VistaCreate.com today to try it for free!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: The Wealth of Connection with Vincent Pugliese
[1:42] – Vincent shares something that he believes about becoming successful that most people disagree with.
- It’s way more important to have great questions.
[2:19] – Vincent’s teenage story about an encounter with a mafia that taught him about success and connection.
- He was a big New York Mets fan. He convinced his parents to let him cut school and go to one of the games.
- He got onto a bus going to New York City and met a big Italian guy.
- The Mets get their world series ring. It was the greatest day of his life as a kid.
- The guy taught him about connection, and generosity in ways that he never knew until he was really struggling in life.
[7:13] – It’s tough to get noticed in this loud and noisy world. Why do so many entrepreneurs fail to get noticed?
- We are selfish. We have selfish goals. Many times, the entrepreneurs who fail to get noticed prioritize their selfish goals over their generous goals.
[11:19] – Entrepreneurs listen to a lot of advice and a lot of opinions from a lot of people. They sometimes take the wrong path, especially when it comes to connection. What’s that single biggest mistake that entrepreneurs make when it comes to connection?
- Connection comes from relationship, trust, and integrity. It doesn’t happen overnight.
- People reach out often when they need something. When you do that, you’re not developing trust and relationships.
- You need to be doing what you want for yourself and others on a consistent basis.
- 80% of the connection and success that has happened to him over the last 5 or 10 years has come from hours of giving.
[16:34] – Vincent’s secret to having connections with influencers.
- It took time. There’s got to be a win-win. There’s got to be equal, if not more value, to them.
- Influencers want their work to matter.
- If you can follow somebody with integrity who you believe in, learn from them, take action from them, and go make that a success, you’ve just made them better.
- When you can give a person credit for what they did, that makes the influencer want to promote you even more because you’ve done exactly what they’ve taught you do.
[20:01] – Charisma is not character.
- There’s nothing wrong with charisma, but it’s not the same thing as character.
- We always try to become people of charisma, but character is the best foundation
- When you mistake charisma for character, you’ll end up following the wrong people, and possibly becoming not who you want to become.
[21:01] – Building a wealth of connection – building a legacy.
- A legacy is planting seeds in the garden that you might never see.
- It’s better to give than receive, and it always comes back to you
[25:07] – Vincent’s key takeaway and call to action for Fire Nation!
- So many people create before they have other things in place.
- Total Life Freedom – The Total Life Freedom Mastermind and Community. Every day, discover new stories, insights and actionable advice for anyone in career chaos and wanting their life back!
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!