Zach teaches online business owners how to get seen, be heard, and become profitable leveraging Periscope. At 22 he left his job and Master’s program to build a six-figure business in his first 6 months on Periscope.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Deadline Funnel –Zach’s small business resource
- You Are A Badass – Zach’s top business book
3 Key Points:
- Move fast. Pivot fast. You can never go back in time and be ahead of someone. Start now.
- What got you here won’t get you there: take risks. Make ambitious choices.
- Do it the way you want to do it. Be yourself.
- ZipRecruiter – Are you ready to find your perfect hire? Right now you can post jobs on ZipRecruiter for free at ZipRecruiter.com/fire!
- Earth Class Mail: Move your snail mail to the cloud! Visit earthclassmail.com/fire
and enter promo code FIRE to get your first month of service free!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:52] – Zach made his first dollar online at age 12
- [05:02] – Revenue comes from sales in Facebook ads and live streaming
- [06:31] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Selling a course that he hadn’t put together and breaking down in Starbucks
- [10:55] – Imposter syndrome – “Who are you to do this?” – is part of being human
- [10:35] – Take action. Whatever it takes – do something
- [11:17] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Realizing that he needed to find a good person to help him
- [13:35] – Focus on your strengths – go from good to great
- [14:40] – “Hire people before you’re ready”
- [14:56] – Biggest weakness? – “I’ll commit to something before I know what it takes”
- [16:08] – Biggest strength? – “I’ll act fast and figure things out as I go along”
- [17:47] – What has Zach most fired up today? “Live streaming”
- [19:27] – Move fast. Pivot fast.
- [25:00] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “The burn-the-boat mentality”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “What got you here won’t get you there”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Hustle and grind”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Deadline Funnel
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – You Are A Badass
- [30:53] – Parting piece of guidance: “Do it the way you want to do it”
- 32:01 – Head to heartsoulhustle.com/fire for a gift from Zach
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Real Revenue: Follow JLD’s step-by-step system and turn ANY idea into a revenue generating MACHINE!