Hello my fellow podcasters!
Let me be the first to say congratulations on investing in something that will guide you every step of the way to launching your podcast: The Podcast Journal!
Quick note before we dive into loads of incredible resources to help you on your podcasting journey:
If you haven’t invested in your copy of The Podcast Journal yet, then nothing below is going to make much sense, so we suggest heading over to ThePodcastJournal.com, grabbing your own copy, and then jumping back on over here so we can get to work on helping you from podcast idea to launch in 50 Days!
We want to make sure every link and recommended resource mentioned in The Podcast Journal is available to you in one place so it’s super easy for you to locate that “thing John was talking about…”
Below we have an outline of links and resources organized by Podcast Phase. If you have any questions about any recommendations in The Podcast Journal, don’t hesitate to reach out!
Note: We have partnerships with select service providers who we know, like, and trust; some links below are affiliate links from those partnerships.
The Podcast Journal: Links and Recommended Resources
- EOFire.com/tpjdigital – where you can snag your digital goods for The Podcast Journal! (password is inside your Podcast Journal on the FAQ page)
- EOFire.com/podcastjournal – where you are right now – your one-stop-resource page!
- The Podcast Masterclass – Claim your spot on our free Podcast Masterclass: a 1-hr video training from John Lee Dumas
- Free Podcast Course – Sign up for your Free Podcast Course and watch bite-sized trainings on how to launch your podcast!
- Podcasters’ Paradise – An exclusive membership community with everything you need to create, grow, and monetize your podcast.
The Idea Phase
Day 2: Where does podcasting fit?
- Free Goals Course – A complete guide on how to set and accomplish your #1 goal.
Day 9: Defining Your Avatar
- EOFire.com/about – Check out John’s avatar, Jimmy, as an example
Day 15: Interview and topic-based tips
- EOFire.com/interviewchecklist – An interview checklist for when you connect with your guests
Day 18: Legal considerations for your podcast
- LizerbramLaw.com/contact – David Lizerbram is our legal counsel and is a great resource if you have legal questions about your podcast
- CPA on Fire – A CPA team who can help with your business and tax setup.
The Setup Phase
Are you looking for a podcast mentor who can help you every step of the way? If you’re overwhelmed by the many steps necessary to create and launch your podcast, then we have just the guy for you!
Send Kate an email, and we’ll send you an introduction to our podcast mentor of choice who can help walk you through every step!
Day 20 & 21: Recommended equipment and software
- EOFire.com/equipment – An always up-to-date list of our equipment and software recommendations
Day 22: Setup your template and keyboard shortcuts
- EOFire.com/template – Video tutorial on creating your recording template
- EOFire.com/shortcuts – Video tutorial on creating shortcuts
Day 23: Sample recording & editing
- EOFire.com/practice – Video tutorial to help walk you through your first recording & editing session
Day 24: Sample recording & editing
- EOFire.com/guestemail – Sample email template for requesting a guest to be on your podcast
Day 25: Your media host
- Libsyn – We recommend Libsyn for your media host; use promo code FIRE for the rest of this month and next month free!
Day 26: Exporting & tagging your mp3
- EOFire.com/export – video tutorial on how to export your mp3
- pa-software.com/id3editor – where you can go to download the ID3 Editor software
- EOFire.com/tag – video tutorial on how to use ID3 Editor to tag your podcast episodes
The Creation Phase
Day 29: Your podcast artwork
- EOFire.com/artwork – Current podcast artwork specifications required by iTunes / Apple Podcasts
- Canva.com – Do It Yourself (DIY) podcast artwork recommendation
- Picmonkey.com – DIY podcast artwork recommendation
- Fiverr.com – Outsourcing your podcast artwork on a budget
- 99Designs.com/fire – If you’re looking to crowdsource your podcast artwork – special savings await!
Day 30: Your episode flow & show notes
- EOFire.com/sampleflow – Samples of different episode flows
Day 33: Your podcast intro & outro
- EOFire.com/podcastintro – Our top recommended resources for creating your podcast intro & outro
The Pre-Launch Phase
Day 40: Your podcast website
- Ready to get your podcast website up and running? We recommend hosting with Bluehost, and through our affiliate link we have one of the best deals on a hosting package! Then get setup quickly and easily with a WordPress install (Bluehost has all the tutorials you’ll need!)
Day 41: Social media presence
- Hootsuite – Social media scheduler option
- dlv.it – Social media scheduler option
- MeetEdgar – Social media scheduler recommendation
The Launch Phase
Congrats! You’ve made it to your launch day – this is an exciting time!
But we understand it can also be a bit overwhelming.
If you’re looking to delegate some of your podcast production, including editing, show notes, and all the promotional stuff, then our top recommendation is Podcast Press. We’ve had a partnership with Podcast Press for years now, and we’ve received nothing but amazing feedback!
Day 46: Submitting your RSS feed
- EOFire.com/podcast-directories – A list of the top podcast directories you should submit your RSS feed to (with links to all instructions on how to do so)
- itunesconnect.apple.com – Submit your RSS feed to Apple Podcasts (iTunes)
- stitcher.com/content-providers – Submit your podcast to Stitcher Radio
Beyond Your Podcast Launch
Throughout The Podcast Journal you’ve probably come up against struggles, things you had questions about, and ideas you’d love to get feedback on.
Having a community of like-minded people who know what you’re going through and who can relate to the struggles and frustrations you face will make all the difference on your podcasting journey.
This is why we created Podcasters’ Paradise, an exclusive membership community with everything you need to create, grow, and monetize your podcast.
In addition to having a community of like-minded people, we’ve also created every resource you’ll need to continue to be successful on your podcasting journey, including strategies for how to grow and monetize your podcast.
If you’re looking for the step-by-step video tutorials, resources, email templates, and the processes you need to grow and monetize your podcast the right way, then Podcasters’ Paradise is for you.
With over 3,500 members and growing, there’s no better place to surround yourself with like-minded people, receive and give support, and learn the best tactics and strategies to create, grow, and monetize your podcast.