Life isn’t always easy.
Neither is running a business.
Things come up that you didn’t expect; you face financial challenges at the worst possible moments; relationships with your friends and family hit rocky patches.
But I’m sure you can agree: you’re pretty darn lucky to be in a position to create an opportunity out of what might seem, in the moment, like something very annoying and inconvenient; to be able to:
- accept challenges – even when you don’t expect them;
- offer up your services in order to earn money – even when you’re fielding overdraft charges from your bank;
- simply have relationships with your friends and family – even if they need repairing.
Last week we returned to our home in Puerto Rico for the first time post-Hurricane Maria.
Hurricane Maria has done a lot of damage.
- She has destroyed entire islands;
- She has left countless numbers homeless;
- She has taken the island’s power;
- She has also taken a lot of lives.
Something else Hurricane Maria has done:
She has put things into perspective.
You’ve probably experienced a life event at some point that really put things into perspective for you, too.
Hopefully you carry that lesson with you, and when you think about the fact that life – or running a business – isn’t easy, you’ll be thankful – you’ll feel lucky – that you’re in a position to create an opportunity.