Amy is a serial entrepreneur, CEO, author and business strategist. She has been featured on CBS, KUSI, Fox, Ivillage, Huffington Post and more. She has worked with large organizations such as: Ford, Chuck E. Cheese and Vinturi Wine Aerator. Her bestselling book The Great Escape, The Successful Woman’s Guide To Escaping the 9-5 was released in July 2016.
Click to tweet: Fire Nation, Amy shares her incredible journey on EOFire today!
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:57] – Amy and her husband live in San Diego
- [01:04] – Amy spent 15 years in finance
- [01:10] – You can make great money working for someone else, but you can’t build true wealth when you’re working for someone else
- [02:20] – One BIG and UNIQUE Value Bomb: It’s all about the money. And the “fake it ‘til you make it” advice is definitely not good
- 04:00 – EOFire.com/income – EOFire’s income reports
- [05:27] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Happened just before the EOFire interview. Amy was launching her membership site and her OBM went to Europe… and her VA accidentally deleted 150 Infusionsoft campaigns!
- [07:19] – Get in touch with people when they buy your product or services
- [09:20] – Amy went from the highest of high’s to the lowest of low’s
- [11:02] – Have a good team behind you that can help when things go wrong
- [12:46] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Spending money and time without knowing whether customers would buy—do market research first, that is Amy’s Ah-ha
- [17:27] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? Launching my membership site
- 18:16 – Amy’s program is built for the women who want to start an online business. Check it out here!
- [19:26] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – I come from an entire family of employees
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – Test your ideas before you put a ton of time into creation
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – I now take the time to go to the gym every day to get a workout
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Slack
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Essentialism – it talks about one of our challenges as entrepreneurs: being busy
- 23:20 – Get in touch with Amy via email
- 23:25 – Get FREEBIES from Amy here!
- [23:43] – Listen to and follow your heart
3 Key Points:
- “Fake it ‘til you make it” is definitely not good advice
- Have a good team behind you.
- Safe jobs don’t exist anymore.
- Slack – Amy’s small business resource
- Essentialism – Amy’s Top Business Book
- The Great Escape – Amy’s Book
- Audible– Get a 30–day free trial of fantastic audiobooks!
- Amy’s website
- Reach Amy via email
- The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
- JLD is dropping value bombs everyday! Subscribe at EOFire.com
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100-days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Podcast Course: A 15-day course that will share how to create, grow, and monetize YOUR Podcast!
4) The Webinar Course: A 10-day course that will share how to create and present Webinars that convert!