Rachel Pedersen is a Social Media Strategist who pursued her dream of leaving her corporate job. In 6 months she became fully booked, left her day job, and has been on fire ever since. She has won awards for her clients using social media and has even gone viral world-wide!
Subscribe to EOFire
Apple | Google | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible– Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- WordSwag – Rachel’s small business resource
- Good to Great – Rachel’s Top Business Book
- Rachel’s website
- Catch JLD dropping value bombs daily on his Snapchat and Instagram!
- The Freedom Journal – Set and Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- Don’t forget the “what if’s”
- A success on your OWN is bigger than any other success when working in a corporation.
- Help people to find their voice and you’ll reap what you sow.
- StayRoasted: Get 100% specialty-grade coffee beans hand-selected to your tastes and delivered fresh. Visit StayRoasted.com/fire to get your first bag of coffee for FREE!
- Billy Gene is Marketing: If you’re a marketer focused on helping local businesses, then check out this free training from my friend Billy Gene, where he’s going to show you the best performing Facebook and Instagram ads that get results!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:05] – Rachel started as social media manager
- [01:10] – She was a full-time hairdresser in Minneapolis
- [01:20] – One day, a client asked for help with their social media presence
- [01:41] – With no degree, Rachel learned from Google, YouTube and podcasts
- [02:18] – One BIG and Unique Value Bomb: Start with one platform and master that before moving to another. Back away from your brand and think about what gets your audience’s emotions to rise
- [05:10] – Example of a client who is reaching out to veterans
- [06:10] – We were trying to encourage veterans to tell their story
- [07:20] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: It was 7 months ago: I decided that I could leave my job. The next day, I received an email from my biggest client saying they were terminating my contract.
- [08:09] – Rachel realized there is potential to fail
- [09:24] – JLD shares Joe Versus the Volcano movie
- [10:33] – “What if you succeed?”
- [11:03] – A success of your OWN is bigger than a small or a large success when working in corporate.
- [11:58] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: If I share my expertise and work to help others achieve the same types of dreams, especially social media managers, that is going to leave a bigger mark.
- [12:57] – There’s nothing as powerful as having an entire community that has your back
- [13:16] – Rachel put together an online university for social media managers
- [13:46] – One day, one of Rachel’s students emailed and said he just got hired
- [15:16] – JLD says, If you’re a mother and from Minnesota – AMomfromMinnesota.com is available on GoDaddy
- [16:06] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? Social Media University
- [17:57] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – The supposed life plan.
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – You need to stop focusing on the awards or the accolades. Focus on “the why”.
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – Making lists and getting the tasks done.
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – WordSwag
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Good to Great – it talks about what it takes to be a great leader.
- [20:40] – Connect with Rachel on her website
- [21:17] – Have fun with social media!
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!