Hi Fire Nation!
I get a LOT of questions about my morning ritual, routine, habit – whatever you want to call it ;) – and so I’m here to share in detail what that looks like.
After listening to potentially hundreds of EOFire interviews with today’s most successful entrepreneurs, perhaps you’ve noticed a theme: rituals, routines and habits are among some of the most sacred and powerful things entrepreneurs point to when asked questions like, “What types of behaviors have helped you get to where you are today?”
I know my morning ritual, which I’m constantly improving upon, has absolutely helped me get to where I am today, and so hopefully through sharing this I can help you start a morning ritual that will help you get one step closer to where you want to be, too!
Note: I am an affiliate with Amazon, and so the links below that take you to Amazon are connected to my affiliate account. However, other mentions below are not affiliate links – they are just products I know, use and love!
1. My morning starts with success because I am in bed by 9:15pm every night. I know I’m an old man, and I’m ok with it!
4. A spray of Ancient Minerals Magnesium Oil and 30-minutes of fiction reading (I personally love the Horatio Hornblower series) and I am drifting off by 10pm in a cold black room (thanks to my portable AC and Shawn’s recommended black out curtains).
6. I immediately head to the bathroom to splash cold water on my face (gets your cortisol levels up) and brush my teeth with fluoride free toothpaste, and a tongue scraper (lots of bacteria hanging out on your tongue after a full nights sleep).
10. Then I pour 2 cups of bone broth into my measuring cup and heat it for 3 minutes; add in 2 tbsp of Coconut oil, 2 tbsp of Ghee, 2 tbsp of Gelatin and 1 tsp himalayan sea salt and use my magic bullet mixer to mix up what I now lovingly refer to as JLD’s bone broth delight!
12. Then it’s off to the shower where I skin brush for 2 minutes, followed by a 5-minute Tabata shower (20 seconds cold / 10 seconds hot).
13. After my refreshing shower, it’s time to get my meditation on! I use a GREAT device called Muse that allows me to track the effectiveness of my meditation (I typically choose the 5-minute option).
14. Then I write in The Freedom Journal (available to the public in January of 2016, subscribe for updates and an exclusive gift!)
15. Then, and only then, do I sit down and turn my Mac on. It’s typically 7am at this point, and I will work quite consistently till 6pm, using this pomodoro timer for 53 minutes of focused work with 7-minutes of enforced break.
17. I LOVE having Focus@Will playing in the background as I work – the acoustic music is my fav.
There you have it! I would LOVE your feedback on my ritual!
Let me know what YOURS is in the comments section below, and I will check back often to respond and interact.
…Oh! And check out this awesome infographic that Nicole Keating from The Art of Epic Wellness created for us! Nicole and I just rocked the mic together on her podcast, and we talked all about my morning routine; check out our chat here!