The imposter syndrome has been on my mind a lot lately – mindset in general, and all the things that hold us back from accomplishing what it is we want most.
What’s really holding you back?
It’s probably a big fat combination of a lot of things… many of which I’ve listed below.
For full insights and lots more content on the topic, make sure you listen to this episode on Kate’s Take!
The imposter syndrome
– I’m not good enough.
– I don’t have enough knowledge or expertise in the area I’m interested in.
– No one will want to hear from me.
– What I have to say has already been said, and therefore, there’s no point.
– You are good enough.
– You do have enough knowledge and expertise in the area you’re interested in b/c chances are you’ve practiced it at some point in your life; you’ve held a job where you practiced it; you’ve studied it; you can learn more by picking up a book, Googling it or talking to someone who is a leader in that industry.
– Why are you telling yourself this?
– What you have to say has probably been said before, but it hasn’t been said by you, and those who have said it can’t possibly reach the entire world.
YOU have the knowledge and expertise to share, and until you start sharing it, you’re doing an incredibly great disservice to those out there who could benefit from it.
Take action (Do The Work)
What is it that’s really holding you back?
– What if no one listens?
– What if no one buys?
– What if I fail?
1. You’ll never know until you try.