This episode was recorded live at Traffic & Conversion Summit in their podcast booth. During this episode JLD and his guest co-host, Michael O’Neal, answer questions from fellow entrepreneurs and conference attendees!
Subscribe to EOFire
- Free Training: 3 hours to YOUR BIG IDEA! Follow JLD’s step-by-step system and in just 3 hours you’ll discover YOUR BIG IDEA!
- Email JLD at john@EOFire.com with any feedback you have on the new format!
3 Key Points:
- Connecting and networking with people is one of the most important things in business.
- Conferences can be both hard to attend and expensive, but it’s up to you to make the most out of it.
- Surround yourself with great people and you’ll become one.
- DesignCrowd: If you’re not much of a designer, but are looking for ideas for your next logo, websites design or even your new business cards, then DesignCrowd can help! Visit DesignCrowd.com/fire for a special one $100 VIP offer for Fire Nation!
- Grasshopper: Keep your business running on all cylinders regardless of whether you’re in your office, in your car, out running errands, or at your kid’s soccer game with Grasshopper: the entrepreneur’s phone system! Visit grasshopper.com/fire to get $20 off your first month!
- Udemy: THE largest marketplace for online learning! Improve your life through learning; download the Udemy app to learn anytime, anywhere or visit Ude.my/fire today!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- 00:59 – JLD is joined live by Michael O’Neal of the Solopreneur Hour Podcast at Traffic & Conversion Summit
- [02:28] – Nothing has been more important in Michael’s business and social life than conferences
- [02:53] – For JLD, conferences make connecting with people real
- 03:46 –Michael talks about the shirt he made for the World Domination Summit
- [05:14] – Going to conferences can be hard and expensive, BUT the value you can get is so worth the effort and money
- 06:26 – Michael talks about Conferencetopia, his training for entrepreneurs that teaches you how you can conference better
- [08:23] – Today’s first guest, Tracy from the UK, asks, “How do I secure interviews with others for my podcast if I have no followers?”
- [08:57] – Inviting people to talk about themselves is a pretty easy sell
- [09:11] – “It’s all relative”
- 09:25 – JLD was introduced by his mentor, Jaime Masters, to Pat Flynn at a conference, and through that introduction he was able to get Pat on his podcast
- [10:53] – Why it might not be the best time to bring on guests…
- 12:40 – Michael has a program, Art of the Interview, that helps people be bolder when interviewing guests
- [13:42] – Our second guest, Jeannu from Australia, asks how he can give value to the guests he’s bringing on his show
- [20:46] – Third guest, Michelle from San Diego, asks, “What is the best way to convert them (audience) from listeners to emails?”
- [27:26] – Fourth guest, Joseph from New York City, asks, “What’s your regimen beyond taking multitudes of vitamins?” and “What’s your why behind all that?”
- [32:50] – Fifth guest, Wilson asks, “How do you guys filter through (shiny object syndrome) and say ‘NO’ to things”
- [36:20] – Today’s final guest, Jaclyn from So Cal asks, “What if I want to do a paid membership – how do I get my audience to invest?”
- [39:09] – The key to all amazing things is connecting with great people!
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Podcast Course: Create, Grow and monetize YOUR Podcast!