In this episode I answer questions from YOU, Fire Nation. My goal is to help you take your business and life to the next level. Wondering what your next step should be? Looking for feedback on a project or idea you have? I’m here for you! Be sure to visit YourBigIdea.io to discover YOUR BIG IDEA in just 3 hours!
Apple | Google | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
20 Under 20s – Jesse’s Podcast
JumpStart – HR – Joey’s Business
3 Value Bombs
1) Build connections with your target audience by understanding deeply what they really need.
2) The best content is content that provides the solution to your target audiences’ problems.
3) Have a VA (Virtual Assistant) help you with tasks, like editing videos, downloading audio files, scheduling your content, and transcription is a great way to leverage your time.
Billy Gene is Marketing: My friend Billy Gene has a completely free training that will teach you exactly how to use paid ads to get more customers in any niche. Visit WatchBillysVideo.com to access his free training today!
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
Question 1: Jesse’s question: I have grown my number of downloads to more than 100,000. What is your advice on getting sponsors or the monetization side of a podcast?
[00:59] – JLD welcomes Jesse.
[01:16] – Jesse is 17 years old and a senior high school. He started the podcast 20 Under 20s. He interviews entrepreneurs to inspire aspiring young entrepreneurs. He has already had Gary Vaynerchuk and Jack Dorsey on his show.
[02:11] – Jesse’s question: I have grown my number of downloads to more than 100,000. What is your advice on getting sponsors or monetization side of a podcast?
[02:43] – Get to know your core listeners at the very base level. Know your avatar.
[03:33] – JLD talks about his avatar, Jimmy.
- He helps Jesse identify his perfect avatar.
[05:42] – Jesse identifies who is his perfect listener/avatar is.
[11:50] – JLD helps Jesse create the perfect tagline for his podcast.
[13:53] – Provide knowledge via a lead magnet that will allow you to build your email list and community.
[15:20] – Sponsor: Billy’s question – 95% of businesses fail within the first 5 years. What is that one thing 95 out of 100 people are not understanding?
- They don’t keep generating revenue. They don’t keep bringing in customers. They can’t keep the lights on.
- Working on referrals is not the only way to monetize.
- People don’t like to advertise because they don’t know how to get ROI from their ads.
- Billy Gene will teach you how to turn those clicks into customers for FREE. Watch his video at WatchBillysVideo.com.
Question 2: Joey’s question: I am struggling with repurposing my great content. What advice would you give to someone who’s looking to maximize their time and impact while creating content online? What is the best content to record in one sitting?
[18:24] – JLD welcomes Joey.
[18:38] – Joey is form Baltimore, Maryland. He is a HR for small businesses and start ups. He has a podcast and his company is JumpStart-HR. They help build businesses across the US. They are the HR department for startup companies that need expertise but can’t afford to hire a full-time person.
[20:42] – Joey’s questions: I am struggling repurposing my great content. What advice would you give to someone who’s looking to maximize their time and impact while creating content online?
[21:27] – JLD gives an example of how to create and repurpose your content.
- Create a channel on YouTube. Then, create a video that has a lot of potential to rank on Google; for example, make videos (3 to 5 minutes long) about the problems your target audience experiences – give them the solution.
- Get someone who will cut the videos into 10 different files and upload them on your YouTube channel, and then schedule them to go out on a weekly basis.
- The same content can also be your podcast episodes (just take the audio from the video files.)
- JLD also mentions a good app STOREO – The #1 iOS app for turning longer video clips into Instagram Stories.
- Having a Virtual Assistant help you edit and upload this content will be a great way to help you leverage your time.
[28:36] – 2nd part of Joey’s question: What is the best content to record in one sitting?
[29:00] – The best content is content that provides the solution to the problems your target audience is facing.
[33:05] – Need clarity? Have a lot of ideas and not sure how to narrow them down so you can focus on ONE? Join us in our new FREE course: 3 hours to YOUR BIG IDEA!
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!