In this episode I answer questions from YOU, Fire Nation. My goal is to help you take your business and life to the next level. Wondering what your next step should be? Looking for feedback on a project or idea you have? I’m here for you! Visit YourBigIdea.io to discover YOUR BIG IDEA in just 3 hours!
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3 Value Bombs
1) When you are too close to what you do, it’s hard to figure out what your super powers is. Usually your super power is something you don’t even realize.
2) People go more for quality than quantity. Engage in a meaningful conversation.
3) Provide value to important people by giving them possible solutions to their struggles; they will remember you.
Billy Gene is Marketing: My friend Billy Gene has a completely free training that will teach you exactly how to use paid ads to get more customers in any niche. Visit WatchBillysVideo.com to access his free training today!
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
Question 1: What is your advice for smaller business owners and solopreneurs to position themselves in talking to the right people during conferences and events?
[01:29] – Lauren is from Rockford, Illinois. She specializes in helping local businesses and entrepreneurs get over their marketing discontent so they can make a big impact!
[02:00] – What is the biggest marketing discontent that you see time and time again?
- Local business owners can become overwhelmed by social media and marketing, especially when they have limited budget.
[02:20] – What is your favorite strategy that you see is working right now?
- When business owners can take some time to focus on their message. When you are too close to what you do, it’s hard to figure out what your super powers is
[02:59] – Lauren’s question: You seem to be great at networking and great at making the most out of your networking experience at conferences. What is your advice for smaller business owners and solopreneurs to position themselves in talking to the right people during conferences and events?
[03:29] – Have a meaning conversation. Ask a meaningful question during the conversation. People go more for quality than quantity.
[04:29] – From JLD’s experience starting back 2012, it’s the one-on-one conversations he had back then that still stick to this day.
[05:02] – Ask quality questions so you can get quality interactions.
- Ask for their biggest struggles, and you will walk away knowing the struggles of these important people.
- List them out, and when you get a chance to know someone that can help with those struggles, connect them.
- Provide people solutions and they will remember you.
[16:32] – Have real conversations!
[19:18] – Lauren’s biggest take away
- Ask about the struggles of those individuals you’re communicating with; that will start a meaningful connection.
[10:24] – Sponsor: Billy’s question – 95% of businesses fail within the first 5 years. What is that one thing 95 out of 100 people are not understanding?
- They don’t keep generating revenue. They don’t keep bringing in customers. They can’t keep the lights on.
- Working on referrals is not the only way to monetize.
- People don’t like to advertise because they don’t know how to get ROI from their ads.
- Billy Gene will teach you on how to turn those clicks into customers for FREE. Watch his video here WatchBillysVideo.com.
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!