In this episode I answer questions from YOU, Fire Nation. My goal is to help you take your business and life to the next level. Wondering what your next step should be? Looking for feedback on a project or idea you have? I’m here for you! Be sure to visit YourBigIdea.io to discover YOUR BIG IDEA in just 3 hours!
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3 Value Bombs
1) A good decision now is better than a great decision later.
2) Having a trial period is key.
3) It’s not just about the talent, it’s more about the character. Skills can be taught, but you can’t teach character.
Billy Gene is Marketing: My friend Billy Gene has a completely free training that will teach you exactly how to use paid ads to get more customers in any niche. Visit WatchBillysVideo.com to access his free training today!
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
Question 1: When you’re making a transition and you have to do it in lightning speed, how do you pivot swiftly?
[00:11] – JLD welcomes Jeremy.
[01:20] – Jeremy is passionate about helping people regain and control their fire.
[01:45] – Jeremy’s question: When you’re making a transition and you have to do it in lightning speed, how do you pivot swiftly?
[02:16] – JLD shares an experience during his time in the army.
[02:41] – ‘A good decision now is better that a great decision later.’
[03:04] – Just make a lot of good decisions to the best of your ability.
[04:10] – You’re never gonna know before you do it if you are making the right decision. Make a bunch of little but good decisions and review the result after a few days.
[05:07] – There’s no perfect solution, there’s no perfect formula, there’s no step-by-step process, because if there was, everybody would be doing it.
[05:47] – JLD goes back to the transition Jeremy made with his partner.
[06:40] – Jeremy shares a bad experience about when he started his business with a partner.
[09:52] – Having a trial period is key. Try the partnership first to see if it will work, and be clear with the time frame.
[11:41] – It’s not just about the talent, it’s more about the character. Skills can be taught, but you can’t teach character.
[15:21] – Never sacrifice unity with talent.
[16:02] – JLD & Jeremy talk about the difference between being driven and having drive.
[17:13] – It’s not just about the fire we have inside of us, it’s all about how can we armor up to sustain it in the next generation.
[18:15] – Sponsor: Billy’s question – 95% of businesses fail within the first 5 years. What is that one thing 95 out of 100 people are not understanding?
- They don’t keep generating revenue. They don’t keep bringing in customers. They can’t keep the lights on.
- Working on referrals is not the only way to monetize.
- People don’t like to advertise because they don’t know how to get ROI from their ads.
- Billy Gene will teach you on how to turn those clicks into customers for FREE. Watch his video here WatchBillysVideo.com.
Question 2: I’m a Yoga teacher, and whenever I talk to people about my podcast the first thing that comes to mind is that my podcast is about Yoga. I want to talk about my teachings and practice in my podcast, but it’s not really about Yoga.
[20:02] – JLD welcomes Daisy.
[21:00] – Daisy just started her podcast last June, Radical Self Podcast. Her goal is to highlight down to earth people who have experienced inner struggles and have managed to work through them with a positive mindset.
[22:03] – Daisy’s question: I’m a Yoga teacher, and whenever I talk to people about my podcast the first thing that comes to mind is that my podcast is about Yoga. I want to talk about my teachings and practice in my podcast, but it is not really about Yoga.
[22:30] – JLD helps Daisy niche down her podcast – tune in to hear this!
[23:58] – JLD mentions the core questions he uses on Entrepreneurs On Fire that provide huge value to his audience.
[27:31] – JLD helps Daisy identify her perfect avatar.
[31:20] – Daisy’ biggest struggle around what she’s creating now is keeping that cohesive message.
[32:00] – Everybody struggles with that cohesive message. You scream and nobody can hear you because you are not speaking to a core audience.
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!