Serial tech entrepreneur Aaron Kemmer is the vice president and co-founder of the remote hiring service Magic, and the co-founder and Chairman of the in-space manufacturing company Made In Space, Inc.
Apple | Google | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart
Magic – Grow your team with Magic Dedicated Assistant! Use the code MAGICFIRE for 10% off!
Magic’s Instagram – Upgrade your life with a 24/7 personal assistant!
3 Value Bombs
1) Having a great team is key to success.
2) Freelancers and virtual assistants help you get freedom in your life and business.
3) Communication is essential for all businesses with teams.
HubSpot: INBOUND 2021, hosted with love by HubSpot, takes place online October 12-14! Learn more and register now for FREE at Inbound.com!
OurCrowd: Helping you truly diversify your portfolio by investing early in innovative, private market companies! Join the fastest growing venture capital investment community at OurCrowd.com/fire.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: How to be More Productive and Maximize Efficiency Through Delegating with Aaron Kemmer
[2:10] – Aaron shares something that he believes about becoming successful that most people disagree with.
- He believes that having a great team is key to success.
[3:14] – How do you know when it’s time to delegate a project?
- You only get about 20,000 days in life – make them count.
- You can buy more time by delegating.
- Make sure you have the time to train the person and build a process before you delegate.
[6:17] – Aaron talks about the process of handing a project off while ensuring it gets adequately handled.
- You can maximize your team by thinking ahead – how are they going to impact your business in the future?
- Start with a goal, and make it as straightforward as possible.
- Relay the goal to the person you are delegating the task to.
- Keep the channels open and have good and constant communication.
[9:31] – Can you leverage remote work to get more done?
- The pandemic has shown that you can work remotely.
- You can hire someone from overseas and have a 24-hour operation.
- You can hire the best talent worldwide. It allows you to grow a solid team
[11:55] – A timeout to thank our sponsors, HubSpot and OurCrowd!
[14:43] – What is the difference between a freelancer and a virtual assistant, and how are they helpful in becoming more efficient?
- You can contract a freelancer to handle any part of your business.
- Social media
- Customer service and sales
- A virtual assistant is someone who works with you with anything random in your business.
- Freelancers and virtual assistants help you get freedom in your life and business.
[19:57] – How can you communicate effectively?
- Communication is essential for all businesses with teams.
- Sometimes, your team gives different opinions and it can slow down the process.
- The Color System can help when a large group of people are disagreeing and you need to make decisions fast.
- Green – I love this decision.
- Red – I hate this decision.
- Yellow – I’m in the middle.
- Orange – I really don’t like this decision, but we can proceed with it.
[25:11] – Aaron shares some other tips to increase productivity and efficiency.
- For efficiency, identify the 20% that will give you 80% of your results. It will get your business to move fast.
- Magic – Grow your team with Magic Dedicated Assistant! Use the code MAGICFIRE for 10% off!
- Magic’s Instagram – Upgrade your life with a 24/7 personal assistant!
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!