Aaron’s blog and podcast are Work Life Play. He helps people recover balance. He deconstructs the art of making adjustments in your approach, your thinking, your beliefs and habits. The rewards are doing work you love and living your life with more joy, connection and adventure.
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Auphonic – Aaron’s small business resource
- The War of Art – Aaron’s Top Business Book
- Aaron’s website
- Connect with Aaron via his podcast: Work, Life, Play
- How To Finally Win – Create your dream life, one step at a time!
- The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- You are the average of the people with whom you spend the most time.
- It’s only YOU who is capable of turning your life around.
- Be a pro, live like a pro.
- Constant Contact: See how you can be a marketer: sign up for a free trial today at ConstantContact.com/podcast!
- Organifi: I make sure that a lack of energy and stress are the last things standing in my way of having a super productive day with Organifi Green Juice. Visit Organifi.com and save 20% with promo code FIRE.
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:59] – Aaron lives in Colorado with his family
- [01:08] – He officially became an entrepreneur 5 to 6 years ago
- [01:25] – He started his sales career 20 years ago
- [02:02] – Aaron was selling radio ads to a bar and he realized he needed to get in with a different crowd
- [02:21] – “You become who you spend time with”
- [02:41] – Aaron’s area of expertise is in re-thinking and re-calibrating work, life, and play
- 02:55 – Fire Your Boss is about re-thinking how we see work
- [03:23] – “We are wholeheartedly responsible for our future”
- [04:07] – One BIG and Unique Value Bomb: People tend to live their lives in compartments and categories, but what you should do is discover more inter-day rhythms
- [05:13] – Catch fresh air or go for a walk
- [05:23] – Aaron helps entrepreneurs restore balance inter-day
- [06:00] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: 4 years ago, Aaron had given away an online ebook and didn’t require any email addresses for the exchange. He realized he really didn’t believe in himself
- [07:01] – You should do what a pro does
- [07:33] – The key to going pro is standing up and owning what you do
- [08:47] – The starting place is always an internal beginning
- [09:30] – The voice of the amateur vs. the voice of the pro
- [10:31] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: The biggest thing Aaron learned was there’s always a 3rd way. The fork in the road is not always true – there’s a 3rd choice that is not readily visible
- [11:35] – Aaron and his wife bought a house last year. Option A: Aaron pays for it 100%, Option B: Don’t get a house, Option C: Aaron and his wife share the mortgage and other expenses
- [13:48] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “My daughter and I purchased a 1974 VW Bus last year and we’ve been in the process of polishing and restoring it. It actually has become my mobile podcast studio”
- [15:36] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Fear of failure”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “I’m ultimately responsible”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I’m a 20+ year runner”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Auphonic
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The War of Art – “if you’re in the business of creating anything… War of Art is about the internal battle that we go through”
- 19:58 – Connect with Aaron on his website or via his Work, Life, Play podcast
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Webinar Course: Create a Webinar that converts!