Tree Franklyn is a best-selling author and founder of FindYourInnerHappy.com. She helps women dominate their overwhelming emotions and find their power. Her work has been featured in Huffington Post, Elephant Journal, Mind Body Green and more. She’s also been featured as a Quiet Revolutionary in Susan Cain’s Quiet Revolution.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Find Your Inner Happy – Tree’s small business resource
- The Untethered Soul – Tree’s Top Business Book
- Find Your Inner Happy – Tree’s website
- Free Podcast Course – A free 15 day course on how to Create, Grow & Monetize YOUR Podcast!
- How To Finally Win – Learn how to create your dream life, one step at a time!
3 Key Points:
- Stop resisting your emotions.
- You are responsible for your own actions – own them.
- Plan your schedule according to your priorities.
- ReferralCandy: Set up referral programs to help boost word of mouth! Visit ReferralCandy.com/fire to claim your $50 credit today!
- LegalZoom: See how LegalZoom can make life easier for you and your business at LegalZoom.com. And don’t forget to enter EOF at checkout to save even more!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:02] – Tree is a country girl at heart and she lives in Southern California
- [01:18] – Her family consist of her and her husband, 5 bull mastiffs, 1 labrador, 8 chickens, 2 geese and a teenager
- [01:46] – Tree’s expertise is in emotions and helping women manage them
- [02:18] – One BIG and Unique Value Bomb: Most people resist their emotions; but the truth is, you just have to let yourself go
- [03:46] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: It was Saturday afternoon, Tree was in her lawyer’s office and she was declaring bankruptcy. It was in 2009, and the last few years were a struggle to find work. Tree paid her credit cards through borrowing from one card to another and the interest just compounded. She found herself nearly at $100K in debt.
- [04:51] – It wasn’t until that day she filed for bankruptcy that Tree took responsibility for what happened
- [05:13] – Only YOU are responsible for your own actions
- [05:49] – She felt like the world was crashing down on her
- [06:39] – When she got home, Tree just cried, owned what happened and decided to change
- [07:24] – Take responsibility for everything in your life
- [08:35] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: In 2013, Tree’s father died. He was a blue collar worker who believed you have to work all your life and enjoy retirement. He retired at 70 and died a few years later from leukemia. Tree laid down on her father’s hospice bed and cried. And it was in that moment that she realized she has been putting her dreams off.
- [09:55] – From that moment on, she woke up at 2:30am to write the book she always wanted to write, which is now a bestseller
- [11:00] – Go to sleep early and adjust your schedule according to your priorities
- [12:17] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “I’m most fired up about creating my next e-course”
- [13:05] – Tree already has 2 courses out and is still working on the 3rd one
- [13:25] – Check her courses out at Find Your Inner Happy
- [13:52] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “I didn’t think I had the business acumen”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Get over yourself”
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Untethered Soul – “it helps you manage thoughts and realize what they really are”
- Imagine you woke up tomorrow morning in a brand new world, identical to earth, but you knew no-one. You still have all the experience and knowledge you currently have, your food and shelter is taken care of, but all you have is a laptop and $500 dollars. What would you do in the next 7 days? – “I would open up that computer and I would look up local places to buy a hammock. I would spend part of that $500 on the hammock and I would close my computer and I would lie on that hammock for 7 whole days”
- [17:30] – Embrace your crazy!
- [18:28] – Get Tree’s Top 10 Morning Actions for FREE here
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!