Aaron has a passion for succeeding! He has started, bought, and sold 8 successful companies over the past 37 years. Today Aaron spends the majority of his time HELPING MEN GROW IN SUCCESS AND SIGNIFICANCE. Aaron’s new book View From The Top is guaranteed to motivate and inspire you to live a successful and significant life.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- View from the Top – Aaron’s new book
- Funnel on Fire – An 8-day course on how to create a funnel that converts!
- The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline, and focus in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- Your background and past does NOT determine your future.
- The enemy to excellence is isolation—so reach out, get help, look for accountability to flourish as an entrepreneur.
- Dump the naysayers and surround yourself with people who will support and encourage you.
- LegalZoom: Don’t waste your valuable time trying to wrap your head around all of the fine print – just use LegalZoom so you can focus on growing your business instead! Visit LegalZoom.com today, and be sure to enter code EOF in the referral box for special savings!
- VideoBlocks: Looking for premium stock footage or a music track for your next big project? Visit VideoBlocks.com/fire for a 2 for 1 deal: get AudioBlocks for free when you sign up for your $149 VideoBlocks subscription!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:19] – Aaron started his first business at 18 and sold it at 27
- [01:23] – He built another company over the next 10 years
- 02:13 – Aaron was on Episodes 696, 780, and 1173 of EOFire :)
- 02:27 – His new book, View from the Top, is a must-read!
- 03:00 – Pre-order the book at ViewFromTheTop.com/Book and get the FREE Mastermind Blueprint endorsed by Seth Godin, plus 5 interviews of JLD, Pat Flynn, Dan Miller, Ray Edwards and Lee Cockerell!
- [04:03] – Aaron came from a very humble background
- [04:19] – They lost their house due to bankruptcy and they had to go live with his cousins
- [04:27] – “If you’re going to make a way, you have to go out there”
- [04:35] – Aaron talked to people and proposed a business idea, and it took 90 days before they trusted him
- [05:01] – They opened a store and did it 4 more times until they got listed in the Fortune 500
- [05:16] – As a business coach, Aaron sees that the value every entrepreneur must have is a proper mindset
- [06:07] – “When you’re free from entitlement, success is near”
- [07:03] – Get rid of the entitlement mentality
- [07:56] – “Make a way where there’s no trail“
- [08:20] – Aaron notes an experience they had fishing a couple of years ago
- [08:49] – He finally convinced his guides to go to the other side of the lake using machetes and their boat
- [08:56] – They finally got into the water after an hour
- [09:03] – They didn’t catch anymore fish there
- [09:18] – Don’t let fear hold you back – if you fail, at least you don’t spend the rest of your days wondering, “What if?”
- [09:40] – Aaron did brick and mortar businesses for 30 years and online is quite new to him
- [10:05] – Some of his launches failed miserably but he knows he wants to get the naysayers out of his life
- [10:28] – Surround yourself with people who will give you encouragement and support
- [11:15] – “Completing the mundane tasks until harvest time”
- [14:13] – “Retirement sucks without meaning and purpose”
- [18:19] – Be proactive and not reactive
- [20:55] – Aaron’s ego got pretty big
- [21:06] – It was in August 2001 that Aaron ran over and killed a pedestrian
- [21:34] – His life came to a screeching halt
- [21:53] – He took a 5-year break and he thought about what was important
- [22:12] – One day, it just dawned on Aaron that he didn’t make an impact
- [23:07] – Forget your pride and ego
- [23:54] – Aaron has been a member of mastermind groups for decades
- [24:17] – Joining mastermind groups radically changed Aaron’s life
- [25:10] – If you have thin skin, it won’t last long in masterminds
- [25:30] – “The enemy to excellence is isolation”—so don’t do this alone, reach out for help and accountability
- [26:10] – Aaron didn’t really want to write a book until a friend convinced him
- [26:51] – He wrote about his 38 years of life experience
- 27:14 – Pre-order the book at ViewFromTheTop.com/Book and get the FREE Mastermind Blueprint endorsed by Seth Godin plus 5 interviews with JLD, Pat Flynn, Dan Miller, Ray Edwards and Lee Cockerell!
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!