Todd Tresidder is a serial entrepreneur since childhood who “retired” at age 35, over 20 years ago. He teaches his unconventional views on achieving financial independence, all based on math and proven research at FinancialMentor.com. He’s the author of 5 personal finance books and has been featured in the WSJ, Investor’s Business Daily, Forbes, and more.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Drip – Todd’s small business resource
- The War of Art – Todd’s Top Business Book
- 18 Essential Lessons of a Self-Made Millionaire – Todd’s book
- Connect with Todd on Financial Mentor
- Free Podcast Course – A free 15 day course on how to Create, Grow & Monetize YOUR Podcast!
- The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- The path of entrepreneurship is the fastest path to building your wealth.
- Don’t get into something you don’t love and are not committed to.
- The standard way is NOT the only way.
- Billy Gene is Marketing: My friend Billy Gene is hosting a free training where he’s going to build an entire Facebook advertising campaign from scratch – the ad copy, the landing pages, and everything in between! Why struggle trying to figure out Facebook ads on your own when you can just copy Billy Gene? Claim your spot today at INeedThisTraining.com!
- Slidebean: Create a free account and start designing your presentation today at Slidebean.com. Once you’re ready to unlock your presentation use offer code FIRE to save 10% off your first purchase! Slidebean. Presentations Made Simple. *Check out EOFire’s Podcast Masterclass before Slidebean and after Slidebean!*
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:10] – Todd ran – and made money on – a hedge fund for 12 years
- [01:16] – He retired and thought life was about achieving financial freedom
- [01:23] – He realized it was not a fulfilling life, so he built a coaching business in the finance industry
- [02:10] – Todd’s area of expertise is in mathematical expectancy applied to finance
- [02:32] – One BIG and Unique Value Bomb: There are 3 asset classes: business/entrepreneurship, real estate, and paper assets. The traditional model is the slowest model. The entrepreneurial path is the fastest path to wealth
- [04:21] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: When Todd sold the hedge fund, he married and traveled. When he came back, he got involved in a hedge fund for fund-to-funds thinking it was the next step for him. He later realized it was a complete disaster
- [05:50] – Todd’s wife told him to go figure things out
- [06:43] – His wife gave him the idea of teaching people what he knows
- [07:26] – Todd used feedback from his audience to confirm he was on the right track with Financial Mentor
- [08:35] – He used his podcast as a conversion tool for his business
- [09:30] – It was so successful he had to shut his coaching business down to accommodate the podcast
- [10:30] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Todd was working in the hedge fund for mathematical and investment systems. He kept looking at the results and it was backwards of traditional economic theory. He realized the less risk, the more you make
- [11:41] – Make the distinction between product and process
- [11:51] – The process is the methodology you use
- [12:49] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “Putting Todd in a Box”
- [13:29] – Todd was worried he couldn’t translate his models into a product
- [13:38] – It turns out his products are better than his coaching
- [14:51] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Nothing. I’ve been an entrepreneur since I was a kid”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Judge by results – often harsh, always fair”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Exercise every other morning”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Drip
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The War of Art – “it’s about resistance, which every entrepreneur is going to face”
- [20:39] – Embrace the adventure and go for it
- [21:07] – Connect with Todd on Financial Mentor and get his FREE Course 52 Weeks to Financial Freedom and his book, 18 Essential Lessons of a Self-Made Millionaire
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!