Adam Manning is the founder and CEO of SportsOffice365.com, a company that offers virtual sports management services to youth and professional sports organizations. He lives in Salisbury, Maryland with his beautiful wife Rachel and three sons under 6.
Apple | Google | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart
Your Big Idea: SuccLearn how to create your dream life one step at a time!
3 Value Bombs
1) Creating a relationship with your client will dissuade them from reaching out to someone else.
2) Always do your research before signing any contracts.
3) Keep your eyes open for opportunities that you may not be noticing.
ConsultX: An online, cloud-based application that has all the training you need to become a successful business consultant taught by experts who have been in the profession for over a decade! Start your free 14-day trial today by visiting Consultx.com/fire and clicking the “free trial” tab at the top of the website – no credit card required!
Organifi: I’ve been researching plant-based supplements that will help me not just feel my best, but also perform my best, and Organifi’s protein is smooth, filling and the vanilla flavor is yummy! See for yourself: visit Organifi.com and save 20% with promo code FIRE!
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[01:11] – Adam’s children are a huge blessing to him and they are his reason for living each day
[01:15] – His amazing wife, Rachel, keeps them all together
[01:34] – Adam became a coaching entrepreneur in his 20’s
[01:40] – His expertise is in administration and customer service
[02:49] – One BIG and Unique Value Bomb: We can raise registration 30% higher just by picking up the phone. Creating a relationship with your client makes them not want to call somebody else
[04:24] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Adam takes a small percentage from the revenue for the services they provide. Adam got a referral with some soccer club that he thought had a good track record. The club would not follow through even with build-outs and the work that Adam offered them upfront
[07:45] – Do your due diligence before you sign contracts with people
[08:13] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Adam had just left Crown Sports Center and he was transitioning to working on his own. The club he was helping was happy with his work and he was offered to manage some of their programs. It was in managing those programs that Adam realized there was a lack of customer service and operations built in
[10:12] – You can’t solve all the problems in the world, but you can solve one problem you see day to day
[10:43] – Go with the flow – there might be opportunities around
[11:03] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “I am super fired up about a recent collaboration with 7 other soccer-based businesses. The group is called Solving Soccer”
[12:03] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “It was going to school”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Believe in something”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I try to live by The Four Agreements”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – GoToMeeting
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth – “Every chapter gives action steps”
[14:55] – “It’s easier to do something that seems hard because less people are trying to do it”
[15:23] – Connect with Adam on SportsOffice365.com
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!