Adrian Lurie is the co-founder of Dragonfruit Media – an agency that helps creators and businesses grow their audience on YouTube. He writes screenplays, loves foreign theatre and cinema, and served with the Peace Corps in the Dominican Republic.
Dragonfruit Media – Download Adrian’s guide on ‘How to Win on YouTube in 2022’!
3 Value Bombs
1) Success does not have much to do with working hard; instead, it is more about creating incentives that make the work not hard.
2) The best way to build an audience is to tell a story and earn your viewers’ trust by making them feel you want to provide lifetime value.
3) Video content is challenging; however, it can be learned.
Clay Clark: Looking for a business coach who has helped thousands of entrepreneurs increase profitability by an average of 104% annually – all for less money than it would cost to hire a minimum wage employee? And all on a month-to-month basis!? Schedule your free consultation today with Clay Clark at ThrivetimeShow.com/fire!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: How to Drive Millions of Organic Impressions via YouTube with Adrian Lurie
[1:23]- Adrian shares something he believes about becoming successful that most people disagree with.
- He believes that success does not have much to do with working hard; instead, it is more about creating incentives that make the work not hard.
[2:11]- Adrian talks about his belief that video is the future of content.
- The “Attention Economy” has existed for a while in print media via entertainment and advertising.
- It shifted in the late ’90s to audio-visual content.
- The internet is the current primary location where attention is traded for money.
- Video content on the internet is rising.
- If you want to trade attention for revenue via entertainment and advertising successfully, video is the best way to do it.
[4:30] – Adrian talks about visual storytelling and trust-based conversions.
- The combination of entertainment and advertising is the future of marketing.
- Visual storytelling: the ability to capture a viewer’s attention through character and narrative.
- By doing visual storytelling, you can capture more attention from your viewers than your competitors.
- The best way to build an audience is to tell a story and earn your viewers’ trust by making them feel you want to provide lifetime value.
[7:58] – Adrian shares some under-rated tactics for success on YouTube.
- Psych Conversion Focused Content is used by most creators who want to convert quickly.
- YouTube makes money the longer a viewer stays on their platform.
- The ability to get somebody to click on your thumbnail.
- The ability to get somebody to stay on your video.
- The ability to get somebody to watch your next video.
[14:37] – Adriane on YouTube analytics 101.
- YouTube is the only platform that provides users with unique insights through analytics and data.
[16:58] – The basic metrics that you can primarily use on YouTube are:
- Click-through rate – based on your title or thumbnail
- Impressions Click-through rate
- Average Percentage Viewed – based on viewer’s retention
- 8-12 minute range.
- 50% end of video retention.
- Watch time
[24:31] – Adrian shares a success story of how he helped a client grow on YouTube.
- His client was challenged when it came to getting their audience to watch until the end of their videos – plus a low subscriber rate.
- Adrian helped that client structure their videos to be engaging and entertaining.
- The client started at 23% Average Viewed, and in 7-8 months, it went up to 55%.
- Impressions organically reached over 6 million, and their subscribers were multiplied up to 5 times.
[28:12] – Adrian’s parting piece of guidance.
- Video content is challenging; however, it can be learned.
- DragonFruit Media – Download Adrian’s guide on ‘How to Win on YouTube in 2022’!
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!