Adrian Lurie is the co-founder of Dragonfruit Media – an agency that helps creators and businesses grow their audience on YouTube. He writes screenplays, loves foreign theatre and cinema, and served with the Peace Corps in the Dominican Republic.
Apple | Google | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart
Dragonfruit Media – Download Adrian’s guide on ‘How to Win on YouTube in 2022’!
3 Value Bombs
1) Success does not have much to do with working hard; instead, it is more about creating incentives that make the work not hard.
2) The best way to build an audience is to tell a story and earn your viewers’ trust by making them feel you want to provide lifetime value.
3) Video content is challenging; however, it can be learned.
HubSpot: Learn how to grow better by connecting your people, your customers, and your business at HubSpot.com!
Clay Clark: Looking for a business coach who has helped thousands of entrepreneurs increase profitability by an average of 104% annually – all for less money than it would cost to hire a minimum wage employee? And all on a month-to-month basis!? Schedule your free consultation today with Clay Clark at ThrivetimeShow.com/fire!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: How to Drive Millions of Organic Impressions via YouTube with Adrian Lurie
[1:23]- Adrian shares something he believes about becoming successful that most people disagree with.
- He believes that success does not have much to do with working hard; instead, it is more about creating incentives that make the work not hard.
[2:11]- Adrian talks about his belief that video is the future of content.
- The “Attention Economy” has existed for a while in print media via entertainment and advertising.
- It shifted in the late ’90s to audio-visual content.
- The internet is the current primary location where attention is traded for money.
- Video content on the internet is rising.
- If you want to trade attention for revenue via entertainment and advertising successfully, video is the best way to do it.
[4:30] – Adrian talks about visual storytelling and trust-based conversions.
- The combination of entertainment and advertising is the future of marketing.
- Visual storytelling: the ability to capture a viewer’s attention through character and narrative.
- By doing visual storytelling, you can capture more attention from your viewers than your competitors.
- The best way to build an audience is to tell a story and earn your viewers’ trust by making them feel you want to provide lifetime value.
[7:58] – Adrian shares some under-rated tactics for success on YouTube.
- Psych Conversion Focused Content is used by most creators who want to convert quickly.
- YouTube makes money the longer a viewer stays on their platform.
- The ability to get somebody to click on your thumbnail.
- The ability to get somebody to stay on your video.
- The ability to get somebody to watch your next video.
[11:57] – A timeout to thank our sponsors, HubSpot and Clay Clark!
[14:37] – Adriane on YouTube analytics 101.
- YouTube is the only platform that provides users with unique insights through analytics and data.
[16:58] – The basic metrics that you can primarily use on YouTube are:
- Click-through rate – based on your title or thumbnail
- Impressions Click-through rate
- Average Percentage Viewed – based on viewer’s retention
- 8-12 minute range.
- 50% end of video retention.
- Watch time
[24:31] – Adrian shares a success story of how he helped a client grow on YouTube.
- His client was challenged when it came to getting their audience to watch until the end of their videos – plus a low subscriber rate.
- Adrian helped that client structure their videos to be engaging and entertaining.
- The client started at 23% Average Viewed, and in 7-8 months, it went up to 55%.
- Impressions organically reached over 6 million, and their subscribers were multiplied up to 5 times.
[28:12] – Adrian’s parting piece of guidance.
- Video content is challenging; however, it can be learned.
- DragonFruit Media – Download Adrian’s guide on ‘How to Win on YouTube in 2022’!
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!