Adrienne is a business strategist and podcast host who helps experts & entrepreneurs build profitable businesses in way less time. She has a corporate background as a LEAN Six Sigma consultant and she’s developed proven systems for entrepreneurs that deliver real results, fast.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- A smart email system – Adrienne’s small business resource
- 6 Months to 6 Figures – Adrienne’s top business book
- Alex Berman on Youtube
- Inspire Beats – All-in-one lead generation
3 Key Points:
- You have skills and expertise that are valuable. The things you do so well that you don’t even notice them… those are the things to charge for!
- Be confident in your abilities – and make sure what you’re charging reflects the results you deliver.
- Start now. Don’t wait.
- Citi cards with Android Pay: A super fast way to pay! Download the Android Pay app on Google Play or visit Citi.com/androidpay to get started. (Android Pay is available for eligible Citi consumer credit and debit cards.)
- ZipRecruiter: If you’re ready to start hiring, then ZipRecruiter is where you can find your perfect candidate! Try ZipRecruiter for free today at ziprecruiter.com/fire!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [03:00] – Adrienne took a corporate job to pay off her student debt – then got out of there!
- [05:15] – Adrienne makes money from one-on-one coaching and consulting, as well as online courses and a membership site
- [06:00] – “I started working for free because I needed to be confident that I could deliver results.”
- [06:40] – “My first group course was $400 for a month.”
- [07:00] – “I’ve raised the prices regularly since… but every time I raised, it was because I could confirm that I had over-delivered.”
- [07:55] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Being face-down on the bed, crying, after investing $11k in a live event that sold zero tickets
- [08:14] – Examine your failures. Look back and ask yourself “what went wrong?”
- [08:53] – “Pre-validate and pre-sell everything that you do!”
- [11:11] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Realizing that the skills she’d taken away from corporate consulting were actually valuable to entrepreneurs
- [13:18] – “The curse of knowledge” – it’s easy to assume that other people know the same things you do
- [14:34] – Understand that you have skills or expertise that you might not notice, or might be disillusioned by
- [15:26] – Biggest weakness? – “Boundaries. I’ve hired someone to help me stop saying ‘yes’ to everything.”
- [15:59] – Biggest strength? – “Boldness – a willingness to try things, and to take consistent action to keep them going.”
- [17:38] – What has Adrienne most fired up today? – “An idea I had yesterday – ‘Earn more, give more.’”
- [20:32] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “A false sense of importance at corporate”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Just do it”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Working out and competing as an athlete”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Smart email software
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – 6 Months to 6 Figures
- Imagine you woke up tomorrow morning in a brand new world, identical to earth, but you knew no one. You still have all the experiences and knowledge you currently have – your food and shelter taken care of – but all you have is a laptop and $500. What would you do in the next 7 days? – Buy running shoes so I can workout. Then, start building a Facebook group and buy an email system and opt-in pages so I can host my free content.
- 23:52 – Check out Adrienne’s free gift – a run-through of her exclusive results-setting system, free for Fire Nation!
- [24:14] – Parting piece of guidance? – “Take action. Don’t wait.”
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Podcast Course: Create, Grow and monetize YOUR Podcast!