Dr. Dan Margolin has built his podiatry practice to the top 3% in the country while working on a part-time basis. The other half of his time, he runs Effective Management, a business consulting company. He is also the author of the best-selling book Fast Tracking Your Prosperity.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- What Is Manager – Daniel’s small business resource
- The 10X Rule – Daniel’s recommended book
- Fast-Tracking Your Prosperity
- Effective Management
3 Key Points:
- You don’t have to crash in order to reset. Build off the success you already have.
- Believe in yourself.
- Finish what you start.
- SquareSpace: When you decide to sign up for SquareSpace, make sure to use the promo code FIRE to get 10% off your first purchase!
- Citi cards with Android Pay: A super fast way to pay! Download the Android Pay app on Google Play or visit Citi.com/androidpay to get started. (Android Pay is available for eligible Citi consumer credit and debit cards.)
- Qualaroo: Start engaging with your customers in real-time, collect valuable insights, and increase conversions. Sign up today and get your first 2 weeks of service free!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:11] – Daniel loves being part of a community
- [01:43] – Daniel generates revenue from his podiatry business, and from creating and selling consulting videos
- [03:47] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Hitting rock bottom at 3 in the morning while trying to build a consulting company without the groundwork
- [07:00] – I thought “I can help more people with management technology than I can just working at my practice.”
- [09:08] – Surround yourself with the people you want to be
- [10:00] – Be satisfied with what you have – and build from there
- [11:16] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Being asked how he marketed his practice – and realizing that he had to get over his humility and promote himself
- [14:14] – You need to be your own biggest fan
- [15:18] – Biggest weakness? – I’m not organized
- [16:33] – Biggest strength? – Persistence. I’ll persist through anything.
- [18:49] – What has Daniel most fired up today?: “The pilot we’re creating for staff testing”
- [22:04] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “False information”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “The size not the quality of an organizations mailing list and the number of mailings and letters to it determines the gross income of an organization. The Hubbard management system.
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I complete cycles of action”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – What Is Manager
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The 10X Rule
- [25:21] – Connect with Daniel by email
- [25:39] – Parting piece of guidance? “Just believe in yourself, and go for it.”
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!