Adrion is the host of Gen X Amplified – the podcast dedicated to the powerful generation between the boomers and millennials. His mission is empowering GenXers to maximize their impact as leaders in this new media marketplace.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- SurveyMonkey – Adrion’s Small Business Resource
- The Storyteller’s Secret – Adrion’s Best Business Book
- The ONE Thing – Helped Adrion develop his focus
- Gen X Amplified – Adrion’s podcast
- Adrion’s website
3 Key Points:
- Learn to communicate your vision to the people around you. If you want their support, you have to be able to show them the value of what you’re doing.
- Be the change you want to see in the world. Watch for gaps, opportunities, and barriers – then act.
- You cannot have success without a tribe. Develop great content, put your voice out there, and find your people.
- ZipRecruiter: If you’re ready to start hiring, then ZipRecruiter is where you can find your perfect candidate! Try ZipRecruiter for free today at ziprecruiter.com/fire!
- Earth Class Mail: Move your snail mail to the cloud! Visit earthclassmail.com/fire
and enter promo code FIRE to get your first month of service free!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [4:29] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Trying to communicate his business plans to his wife when he hadn’t been generating revenue for 3 years.
- [10:14] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: The moment of clarity when he decided to launch his podcast
- [16:43] – Biggest weakness? – “I struggle to focus”
- 17:12 – The book The ONE Thing really helped him
- [17:54] – Biggest strength? – “I have a passion for transformational change”
- [18:26] – What has Adrion most fired up today?: “At this point in history we have so many tools to make change”
- [19:15] – The content we’re making now will be available for future generations
- [20:40] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “I lacked clarity about what product or service I wanted to create”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Be true toyourself and use your personal gifts”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I love to educate myself”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – SurveyMonkey
- If you could recommend just one book for our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Storyteller’s Secret
- Imagine you woke up tomorrow in a brand new world, identical to Earth, but you know no-one. You still have all the experience and knowledge you currently have – your food and shelter taken care of – but all you have is a laptop and $500. What would you do in the next 7 days? – “I would start pumping out valuable live-streaming video and audio content. Then I would spend $80 on podcast hosting and an ATR 20/100 and record a better podcast. I’d build my tribe before anything else.”
- [27:19] – Continue to be true to yourself: find your inner voice and share it with the world
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Real Revenue: Follow JLD’s step-by-step system and turn ANY idea into a revenue generating MACHINE!