Rob Kosberg is a #1 best-selling author and founder of BestSellerPublishing.org. He has been featured on ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX and the Wall Street Journal and has spoken to and taught thousands of entrepreneurs, coaches and consultants how to stop hunting for clients and instead position themselves as the hunted.
Subscribe to EOFire
Apple | Google | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- ClickFunnels– Rob’s small business resource
- Think and Grow Rich – Rob’s top business book
- Best Sellers Publishing – Rob’s self-help publishing business
3 Key Points:
- Focus on your gifts. Develop what you’re good at, and find other people to do the rest.
- Hunt for people long enough, add enough value, make enough connections – and people will start hunting for you.
- Whatever you’re dreaming of, start it. Get it done.
- Acuity: Let Acuity be the gatekeeper to your calendar. Visit AcuityScheduling.com/fire and get 45 days FREE!
- ActiveCampaign: See why thousands are upgrading to a more intelligent marketing solution. Sign up for a free 14 trial now — no credit card needed!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:52] – Rob largely generates revenue from publishing bestselling self-help books
- [03:24] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: In 2008, when Rob’s business crashed and he had to sell his office fittings The first time pursuing clients turned into being pursued by clients
- [06:50] – Reinventing himself by writing a book
- [07:36] – “The real blessing of the book was that people started coming to me”
- [08:04] – Started Best Sellers Publishing in 2011
- [08:54] – “Perseverance is the most important tool for you as an entrepreneur”
- [09:35] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: The first time pursuing clients turned into being pursued by clients
- [11:07] – John had to hunt for people for a long time – but now people ask to be on EO Fire
- [13:22] – Getting to the point where if it’s not a “Hell yes! It’s a No”
- [14:26] – Biggest weakness? – “I hate the minutiae”
- [15:58] – Biggest strength? – “Connecting with people. I love people, and I’m energized by them”
- [16:30] – What has Rob most fired up today? “The Masterminds I’m starting with my business partner”
- [19:21] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Fear of the unknown”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Focus on your talents and your gifts”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “My morning routine – I get up at 5.30”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – ClickFunnels
- If you could recommend just one book for our listeners, what would it be and why? – Think and Grow Rich
- Imagine you woke up tomorrow in a brand new world, identical to Earth, but you know no-one. You still have all the experience and knowledge you currently have – your food and shelter taken care of – but all you have is a laptop and $500. What would you do in the next 7 days? “I would search for the highest-level groups I could connect with and start meeting them face-to-face”
- [23:21] – Parting guidance: “Get it done. Make the commitment and get it done.”
- [23:32] – Connect with Rob through his website
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!