Agie Sihotang is a cellphone-seller from Indonesia who came to the US at age 15. He taught himself how to sell online at age 16, and built a million-dollar wholesale company in 9 months at age 25.
IndoTradingUSA – Agie’s website
Automating & Streamlining Growth – Enroll and take advantage of ITU’s exclusive offer for Fire Nation!
3 Value Bombs
1) Your profitability will be affected greatly by your hospitality.
2) People will help an acquaintance much sooner than they will help a stranger.
3) Don’t restrict yourself to one niche; if the demand and supply are there, why not go for it?
Capterra: Online reviews help us make decisions daily – and they can also help you find the right software for your business! Visit Capterra.com/fire to find the tools to make an informed software decision for your business today!
ZipRecruiter: When it comes to hiring, you can save time and get more qualified candidates fast with ZipRecruiter. And right now, you can try ZipRecruiter for free at ZipRecruiter.com/fire! ZipRecruiter. The smartest way to hire.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: Online businesses are moving rapidly, do you have the right vehicle to keep up with Agie Sihotang
[01:20] – Agie shared something interesting about himself most people don’t know.
- He loves talking to people and that’s why he always keeps a mouthwash handy.
[02:18] – Agie discusses the 5 misconceptions of online businesses.
- First – Being engaged with your customer is not necessary when selling online.
- Your profitability will be affected greatly by your hospitality.
- Second – Going direct to manufacture is the ultimate goal.
- Always think whether the small percentage of discount is worth the contract and obligation that you will with the manufacturer.
- Third – Be as secretive as possible with everyone around you when something is working.
- The reality is, people love to help.
- People will help an acquaintance much sooner than they will help a stranger.
- Fourth – A few suppliers are enough to keep your business rolling.
- Have as many suppliers as possible.
- Create your own group of people for your business.
- Fifth – A niche category is key to a successful business.
- But don’t restrict yourself to one niche; if the demand and supply are there, why not go for it?
[10:13] – If you make it as a good online retailer, is wholesale the next step?
- Agie shares the exact moment that made him decide to go wholesale.
- The wholesale world is much more open.
[12:34] – How do you thrive when everyone is selling online?
- Passive income is good, but because Agie came from Indonesia, he learned that you need to work hard to earn money.
[15:32] – What should we do if we’re a one wo/man show?
- Agie is a firm believer in creating teams around you.
- Find somebody who is willing to do work for you in exchange for your services.
[19:01] – Agie talks about the quote, ‘don’t give a man a fish, teach him to fish’
- Anyone can teach you how to source, but you don’t know which aspects of sourcing you’re allergic to, and that could hurt you in the end.
- When someone teaches you how to do something, analyze it so you don’t have as many barriers between you and being successful.
[22:22] – Agie’s key takeaway for Fire Nation, and his final call to action.
- Focus on your business and creating the right team by networking with as many quality people as possible.
- Agie’s motto – ‘The more money I make other people, the more money I can take from them.’
- Make your customers money and they will come back to you again.
- IndoTradingUSA – Agie’s website
- Automating & Streamlining Growth – Enroll and take advantage of ITU’s exclusive offer for Fire Nation!
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!