Neil Patel is a New York Times bestselling author and co-founder of Neil Patel Digital.
Ubersuggest – Want more traffic? Ubersuggest shows you how to win the game of SEO!
Upwork – Hire freelancers
Free Podcast Course – Learn how to create and launch your own podcast for free!
Podcasters’ Paradise – Check out the #1 online podcasting community in the world, Podcasters’ Paradise!
3 Value Bombs
1) When you enter a market, if you don’t have physical presence in it, then you should first build up traffic.
2) When it comes to market competition, America is 2-4 times more competitive than countries with high GDP like Germany, France, or Japan.
3) What worked in the United States 2 or 3 years ago, will work in almost all other countries today.
ZipRecruiter: When it comes to hiring, you can save time and get more qualified candidates fast with ZipRecruiter. And right now, you can try ZipRecruiter for free at ZipRecruiter.com/fire! ZipRecruiter. The smartest way to hire.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: The Importance of Growing a Global Brand with Neil Patel
[00:51] – Neil shares something interesting about himself that most people don’t know.
- He has Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
[01:52] – How do you know what markets to enter and start in as an entrepreneur?
- Look at your revenues and what places are you generating revenues outside of your main market.
- You can also look at your Google Analytics and see where you’re getting traffic from outside of the United States.
[03:04] – How do you enter a market if you don’t have a physical presence in it?
- You should first build up the traffic. Look for countries with high GDP, high population, and where you already have traffic from.
- Avoid countries with high GDP per capita.
[06:06] – Neil shares an example…
- The first one he tried was in Brazil. It was their #2 traffic source next to America.
- When it comes to market competition, America is 2-4 times more competitive than countries with high GDP like Germany, France, or Japan.
[08:26] – What are the steps that need to be taken when you want to enter a market in a different country?
- Pick a region, throw up some Facebook ads, and see how much revenue you can generate.
- Once you start seeing income and you know that it works, then go out there and start translating your content and transcribe it as well, and just go all in.
[11:37] – What is recommended for somebody who has a blank slate right now and they don’t have a focused product yet?
- Do the same process. Start in Upwork. Don’t build up your brand in the United States. Just pick another region and go after it because it’s 10x easier.
- If you have limited funds and you just have your knowledge right now, it is advisable to launch ebooks or online courses to Brazil. The reason being is they lack proper education.
[14:24] – What’s trending in different countries that Neil gets excited about – content, courses, or e-books?
- What worked in the United States 2 or 3 years ago, will work in almost all other countries today.
[16:37] – What if we’ve already created content? Do we have to translate what we have now, or should we create brand new content altogether?
- Consider translating and transcribing what already exists. It is easier and cheaper than having local people write from scratch.
- SEO is identical in different countries, it’s just easier to get rankings from other regions than in the United States.
- Whatever you’re doing that’s working in the U.S., you’ll have more success in other regions just because there’s less competition.
[17:49] – Does Neil do PR in these new markets?
- He’s getting into magazines, articles, and interviews. He employs a PR firm in each region once they’ve started making money in it.
- Just because someone works hard and puts in the time, doesn’t guarantee that it’s going to give you results.
[20:41] – Neil talks about the reception he’s gotten from locals in these new markets.
- Locals are so happy that people from the United States who are coming and employing more people within their region.
[21:45] – Neil talks about having fun in growing your business and podcasting.
- This is the time that if you’re not doing a Podcast, you’re doing something wrong.
- Fire Nation, check out the #1 online podcasting community in the world, Podcasters’ Paradise :)
[24:31] – What’s something that has Neil fired up right now?
- Software is expensive. Marketing, too, is getting expensive. That’s why he decided to release an SEO software, Ubersuggest, and make it 100% brief, and free!
- It has made doing ads cheaper and also made his ROI much higher.
[28:37] – Neil’s parting piece of guidance
- Go and get John’s Free Podcast Course, and when you’re ready for the paid version, check out Podcasters’ Paradise! It will change your life. It will take some time. Be patient.
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!