AJ is a digital marketing fanatic who found surprising, early success with LinkedIn Ads. He started B2Linked, a LinkedIn Ads-specific agency in 2014. He’s a ginger, triathlete and lover of experiences. He & his wife live in Utah with their 4 kids, and his company car is a gokart.
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Join.me – AJ’s small business resource
- Drive – AJ’s Top Business Book
- B2Linked – AJ’s website
- The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
- The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline, and focus in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- Follow your gut—TRUST yourself and your own intuition.
- Find the time to go out and EXERCISE your EXPERTISE.
- It’s a hard truth to accept, but jobs don’t offer “security”.
- Billy Gene Marketing: Visit CopyOurAds.com and if you’re the first 100 to sign up, Billy Gene will mail you his best performing Facebook ad campaigns for FREE. You just cover the shipping!
- Athletic Greens: The most complete whole food supplement on the market. If you check out AG, you’ll receive 20 single serve travel packs valued at $99 completely free with your first order. Just visit athleticgreens.com/fire!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:14] – B2Linked is fortunate to run some of the world’s largest LinkedIn ads
- [01:58] – AJ’s area of expertise is in LinkedIn advertising
- [02:53] – One BIG and Unique Value Bomb: Most professionals are on LinkedIn and you can scale on it so much more than Facebook.
- [05:22] – LinkedIn has been doing well in collecting professional information
- [05:59] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: “I was working for a big tech company 5 years ago. I was doing LinkedIn and I was happy. After two years, I got laid off.”
- [08:15] – Follow that inner voice
- [09:18] – Rand Fishkin lead AJ to his entrepreneurial way
- [10:39] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Five months into running the agency, he saw the total number of invoices eclipse the amount he made in a full-time job and realized the potential
- [11:36] – Go out on your own and exercise your expertise
- [12:51] – Put in the time and seek out the opportunities
- 14:19 – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “I finally worked a partnership with a company, AdStage.io and I developed this tool that is the first bulk uploader in LinkedIn, LinkedInAdsBulk”
- [16:22] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Fear”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “The riches are in the niches and don’t partner out of fear”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Extreme passion in my craft”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Join.me
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Drive – “It’s about motivation and [it’s] an absolute life changer for me”
- Imagine you woke up tomorrow morning in a brand new world, identical to Earth, but you knew no one. You still have all the experiences and knowledge you currently have – your food and shelter is taken cared of – but all you have is a laptop and $500. What would you do in the next 7 days? – “I would find a platform that allows me to laser target business professionals. I will go and find a company that would get use of that and work there to learn…”
- [20:29] – You can be the ABSOLUTE BEST at something in the world—go find out what that something is!
- 20:55 – Connect with AJ on his website
- 21:05 – AJ’s gift to Fire Nation is a FREE Course on LinkedIn marketing! Sign up here!
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Webinar Course: Create a Webinar that converts!