Erika is a Television Personality and Author/Founder of the Book & Brand Passionistas, Tips Tales & Tweetables from Women Pursuing Their Dreams. She is the Official Host of Brian Tracy’s Success Mastery Academy and Inspirational Speaker in the #Girlboss & Millennial Empowerment movements.
Click to tweet: Fire Nation, Erika shares her incredible journey on EOFire today!
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:23] – Erika’s life is an amazing blend of entertainment and entrepreneurship
- 02:00 – The Passionistas’ book is out and had over 10,000 pre-orders to start!
- 03:20 – EOFire and Erika were both featured in Success Magazine
- [04:21] – The “spotlight method” in media described
- [04:44] – Erika’s teaching in regards to active press and passive press
- [05:40] – Erika shares how the spotlight method works
- [07:30] – A converter actually works less
- [08:25] – Repurposing content is very important
- [09:11] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Erika was following someone she looked up to and got the chance to work with her. She was interested in Erika’s Passionistas, but Erika never followed up.
- [12:42] – “Do the hardest thing first. Eat that frog”
- [13:50] – “If it is self-doubt, it is a disservice”
- [14:32] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “About the Passionistas book”
- [16:55] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “The fear that I wasn’t doing it right and realizing that if I’m in my truth there is no way I can do it wrong”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “The ESPN Theory, where spectating is literally a profession”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I think aesthetics. I match everything”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – WinStreak App
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Alchemist, “It lets things flow”
- [21:00] – Erika had a terrible experience when she found out most of her things were being sold at a flea market without her knowing
- [22:55] – “We are equipped. Create an opportunity from nothing and build connections.”
- 24:00 – Head over to ErikaDeLaCruz.com/fire for Erika’s free gift!
3 Key Points:
- Repurposing content is of utmost importance—keep the momentum open and flowing.
- We are equipped; create an opportunity from nothing and build connections.
- Make the effort to document your progress, to see where you’ve come from and where you are going.
- WinStreak App – Erika’s small business resource
- The Alchemist – Erika’s Top Business Book
- Audible – Get a 30–day free trial of fantastic audiobooks!
- ErikaDeLaCruz.com and Passionistas – Erika’s websites
- Connect with Erika through her website and receive your FREE gift!
- The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
- DesignCrowd: Post your design project on DesignCrowd today and get a special $100 VIP offer! Visit DesignCrowd.com/fire and enter the discount code FIRE when posting your project!
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100-days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Podcast Course: A 15-day course that will share how to create, grow, and monetize YOUR Podcast!