Andrew is a serial entrepreneur and social networking pioneer. To date, he’s founded 7 startups and has been awarded 2 software patents. Since 2013, he has sold 2 businesses while advising 5 tech startups. He is currently the co-founder and Chairman of Indicative and the founder of Andrew’s Roadmaps.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Thread Across the Ocean – Andrew’s top business book
- Andrew’s Roadmaps and Indicative – Andrew’s websites
- Free Goals Course: Learn how to set and accomplish your biggest goals in 8 days!
- The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- Companies fail to raise capital because they fail to contextualize what they’re doing.
- Turn around to see greener pastures.
- Dream big and don’t let your fears constrain you.
- M1 Finance: If you’re looking for an online broker who will let you customize and automate your investments, visit m1finance.com/fire and get 6 months of service for free!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:23] – Andrew has an active and vibrant community in New York
- [01:53] – Value Bomb Drop: Practice vision thinking—don’t talk about yourself, talk about space generally
- [05:32] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: When we had to down-scale dramatically (fire a number of people)
- [07:18] – We were fortunate when the market began to come back
- [08:45] – “I had enough confidence not to panic”
- [09:10] – Have a sense of what you’re doing and the opportunities
- [10:05] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Changing the dating experience with MeetMoi with building up another company for a proximity locations app
- [12:14] – There are greener pastures when you pivot
- 13:00 – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? Indicative
- [14:15] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – Fear
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – Make a list of all the things you want to accomplish in life and be true to that list
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – Getting excited about a vertical – I don’t feel constrained
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Thread Across the Ocean – it was failure after failure to success
- 19:22 – Connect with Andrew on his website
- [19:38] – Dream big and try to imagine not just what you can do, but where any space is going into the future
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Funnel On Fire: Create a funnel that converts!
Subscribe to EOFire!