Anthony became an entrepreneur at 3 years old. Sounds odd, but it won’t once he explains. He went from foster care, to the NFL, to business owner and now coach to future successes as he teaches current and aspiring entrepreneurs how to get success when you Trust Your Hustle.
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Viddyoze and Youzign – Anthony’s small business resources
- His Needs, Her Needs – Anthony’s Top Business Book
- Connect with Anthony on his website
- Funnel on Fire – An 8-day course on how to create a funnel that converts!
- The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- Be present and master each moment.
- You can turn things around in your life if you just believe you can.
- Work until you get the opportunity to be in the field you WANT to be in.
- Klaviyo: If you’re an eCommerce marketer looking to make more money through super-targeted, highly relevant email and advertising campaigns, then sign up for free today at Klaviyo.com!
- Billy Gene: Eager to learn the strategies that will help you successfully create and grow your own business? My friend Billy Gene has the solution. Visit CantLearnThisInSchool.com to sign up for your free trial of Gene Pool Elite today!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:02] – Anthony grew up in foster care
- [01:15] – Football changed everything for Anthony
- [01:19] – He got adopted at 14 years old
- [01:26] – His adoptive mom was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis
- [01:30] – Anthony got a scholarship to play football
- [01:39] – He played for the National Football League
- 01:49 – He met Brendon Burchard and realized he could make a living by impacting peoples’ lives
- [02:23] – Anthony’s area of expertise is teaching people to design and build better lives and businesses
- [02:51] – One BIG and Unique Value Bomb: “You have to master moments”
- [03:19] – Master the moments when you are in them
- [03:36] – “It’s actually in that moment that everything changes”
- [03:54] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Anthony’s worst moment happened in 2010. He was at the gym that he built and he had no idea what he was doing. One day, he was at the front desk and a guy on a motorcycle came in and handed him an envelope – it was an eviction notice from the landlord
- [05:00] – Anthony’s finances were all messed up and his marriage was on the rocks
- [05:55] – Two months later, he turned everything around – he was bringing in $27K/month and was completely out of debt
- [07:04] – “The NFL is very, very similar to entrepreneurship”
- [07:24] – You have to legitimately earn the opportunity
- [08:37] – “You’ve got to work to get that opportunity to be on that field”
- [10:01] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Anthony’s greatest moment was when he realized that he didn’t have to be stuck in what he was doing
- [10:19] – Anthony realized he didn’t love the gym anymore, and he didn’t have to keep it
- [11:55] – Closing a business is NOT the end of the world
- [12:51] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? Anthony is fired up about life and the duality of business and family
- [13:37] – The story behind Trust Your Hustle
- [14:47] – “If you want something, you have to hustle for it”
- [15:35] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Fear”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “You’ve got to approach your business and your life like the gladiator show”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Disgusting consistency”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Viddyoze and Youzign
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – His Needs, Her Needs –“this book gave me a lot of clarity on how we operate as humans”
- [19:06] – Nothing is finite, nothing is the end, until death
- [19:32] – Trust Your Hustle
- 19:52 – Connect with Anthony on his website
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Podcast Course: Create, Grow and monetize YOUR Podcast!