Joyce Oladipo teaches entrepreneurs how to increase their personal magnetism, captivate raving clients, and get paid their worth at JoyceOladipo.com. She is the web personality behind Enchant Life TV and founder of Enchant Life, a women empowerment company for women entrepreneurs.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Mind Mapping – Joyce’s small business resource
- The Success Principles – Joyce’s Top Business Book
- Connect with Joyce on her website or via email
- Funnel on Fire – An 8-day course on how to create a funnel that converts!
- The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- Competition is not a reason to hold yourself back.
- You need to find your own voice.
- Embrace what you already have and let that be your starting point.
- Host Gator: With HostGator, having a website is easy AND affordable. Visit HostGator.com/fire for 60% off today!
- Organifi: Organifi Green Juice is packed with 11 energy-bumping superfoods and herbs, which means you’ll get long-lasting energy throughout the day. See for yourself: visit Organifi.com and save 20% with promo code FIRE!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:09] – In June 2013, Joyce worked as a security guard
- [01:14] – She went back to work after giving birth to her 2nd child who was just 3 months old at the time
- [01:19] – Joyce remembers her boss called her into the office and told her that her service was no longer needed
- [01:27] – She was devastated about what happened
- [01:40] – She had to look for a job
- [01:54] – When she was young, she recalls her dad telling her it’s either she marries rich or lives on welfare
- [02:03] – Being a security guard was all Joyce had and losing that job caught her off guard
- [02:25] – Joyce got a certificate to become a coach
- [02:48] – She struggled to attract clients, but what made her stand out was that she knew she needed to differentiate herself from the rest
- [03:01] – That’s when Joyce started personal branding
- [03:15] – Competition is something that should never hold you back
- [03:59] – Joyce’s area of expertise is in helping people find their uniqueness that allows them to stand out
- [06:11] – “Stand for something unique”
- [06:29] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: When she joined a coaching program, she copied her coach because she couldn’t find her identity. One potential client then asked her if she was a “mini” version of her coach.
- [07:56] – That almost ruined her confidence, but she finally got her act together
- [08:15] – Joyce now helps people figure out what they’re really good at
- [09:26] – It’s good to follow people, but not to the point of copying them
- [10:50] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Joyce was in Paris with a friend, when her husband suddenly called her and told her to embrace her own unique gift – which was the reason why he fell in love with her
- [12:28] – She created a course over 2 days which was £1,000 and she got 10 ladies to sign up
- [12:39] – In 48 hours, she made £10,000
- [14:00] – Turn to your loved ones and friends and ask them what you’re good at
- [14:34] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “I’m fired about my heart’s one success circle”—it’s a 10 month program where she works with 10 women and coaches them
- [15:58] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Lack of confidence”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “You are good enough. Whatever gift, talent, or beauty you see in others is definitely inside of you”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “It’s staying present, reconnecting to my desires, getting out of drama and knowing that my failures does not define who I am”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Mind Mapping
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Success Principles
- [18:01] – “Be relentless to see your dreams come true”
- [18:10] – Connect with Joyce on her website or via email
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!