April is founder of Infuse Dance Collective, a company pushing art into innovative new spaces and bridging the gap between technique and soul through both it’s brick and mortar and online studios.
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- April’s website
- EOFire – Check out JLD’s 5 FREE Courses for you!
- The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- Being an artist does not mean you need to be poor.
- Believe in your message and become a savvy marketer.
- Life isn’t solely about content consumption—it’s also about content production.
- Omaha Steaks: If you’re looking for the perfect business gift, choose gifts that are simple to give and a JOY to get: choose Omaha Steaks! And right now you can get their exclusive Holiday Gift Package for only $59.99! Visit OmahaSteaks.com, type EOF in the search bar and choose the Perfect Business Gift.
- Texture: Gives you unlimited access to over 200 premium magazines! To start your Texture FREE trial visit Texture.com/fire!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:56] – April is a mom and a navy wife
- [01:12] – She owns a brick and mortar studio and online branches
- [01:21] – Her curiosity in dance stems from her time in foster care
- 01:56 – April was on episode 958 of Entrepreneurs On Fire
- [02:54] – Her area of expertise is in telling the story of dance as it relates to the necessity of artists who are business savvy
- [03:44] – Dancers are always getting phone calls inviting them to do stuff for free
- [05:09] – April’s co-founder lived in Paris as Sambista, and made way more money there than she made in the US
- [05:30] – The US is not supportive of performing arts because it was founded on Puritanism
- [06:58] – If you believe in your message, become a savvy marketer
- [07:32] – If April had not become a dancer, she would be disrupting the educational system
- 08:41 – April loves Mission U’s advocacy in education
- [11:02] – April looks at art like fairy dust—it amplifies everything you put it into
- [14:47] – Incubators, accelerators, and tech startups are the business world’s take on artistry
- 15:45 – April’s favorite podcast, StartUp, is where she first heard about accelerators
- [17:11] – April believes artists should be educated about money—that they should be taught their art is worth monetary investment from others
- [19:01] – Short- vs Long-Term Money in Art
- [20:44] – Last month, April and her co-founder launched an online dance magazine
- [21:12] – “Always be weighing the pros and cons”
- [22:40] – April read an article about input deprivation where some people get addicted to information
- [23:00] – If input deprivation happens to you, understand that you have to take action on the input you’re getting
- [25:30] – There are seasons in life where you have to consume and seasons in life where you have to produce
- 25:45 – Connect with April on her website
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Goals Course: Accomplish a meaningful goal!